TV TRIVIA

Tools    

This thread may have run its course. If so, that's fine. If not, here's another one: what's the movie connection between "Taxi" stars Danny DeVito and Christopher Lloyd?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This thread may have run its course. If so, that's fine. If not, here's another one: what's the movie connection between "Taxi" stars Danny DeVito and Christopher Lloyd?

If I remember correctly, both Danny DeVito and Christopher Lloyd were in the movie One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

It was a series of sketches on "The Carol Burnett Show." Speaking of spinoffs, Lorenzo Music, the voice of Carlton the doorman on "Rhoda," also provided the voice of what cartoon character?

That's right. Do you know which "St. Elsewhere" star provided the voice of KITT on "Knight Rider?"

I never watched "St. Elsewhere", but William Daniels voiced KITT. I love him as John Adams in the movie 1776.

That's right, of course. He was also very good in a show called "Boy Meets World," though his role got smaller as the kids got older. By the way, I'm sorry for taking your turn.

That's right, of course. He was also very good in a show called "Boy Meets World," though his role got smaller as the kids got older. By the way, I'm sorry for taking your turn.

I only watched "Boy Meets World" sporadically in reruns, but I forgot that he played Mr. Feeny on that show. He's great in everything he's in.

BTW, I don't mind when you, or anyone else, takes my turn. Feel free to take my turn whenever you want to.

Name a TV show that had at least four spin-off TV shows.

BTW, I don't mind when you, or anyone else, takes my turn. Feel free to take my turn whenever you want to.

You know @gbgoodies, you must be one of the most easygoing people on mofo ( and we have a good share of 'good hearted goodies' here.) Not only will you generously offer your turn,, I get the feeling if I showed up at your door unannounced, I'd be greeted with a smile and a plate of cookies (I like maple with vanilla creme or mint Oreos myself )

Name a TV show that had at least four spin-off TV shows.[/quote]

I could say Law and Order which I think has more spin offs than I can count. But I' m going to tweak this answer a bit, if you don't mind, and pick a show that has different versions AND spin offs - which is the esteemed Tonight Show-
starting with Steve Allen, then Jack Paar, the amazing Johnny Carson, then Jay Leno , and now, one of the Jimmy's.
But this show also gave rise to a new genre of Late Show and/or Late Night treasures like Tom Snyder, a couple of Craig's, another Jimmy, a Tim, Conan O'Brien, Seth and jmho the rightful heir to Carson- the time tested, Velcro suited Dave Letterman.

Name 4 sitcom actors ( or actresses ) who were also singers , and who sang on the show.

I don't mind if you wind up on google @average joe. At least you're trying. ( And I 'd be ok with less than 4 actor/singers - to keep the game going. )

But here's a hint - I can actually think of one sitcom when four of the main characters all sang - during a Xmas episode. ( @gbgoodies would know this, but seems to be away )

You know @gbgoodies, you must be one of the most easygoing people on mofo ( and we have a good share of 'good hearted goodies' here.) Not only will you generously offer your turn,, I get the feeling if I showed up at your door unannounced, I'd be greeted with a smile and a plate of cookies (I like maple with vanilla creme or mint Oreos myself )
Yes, I'm a very easy-going person most of the time. I enjoy playing these games, and I can't understand why some people get so upset and start arguing in these threads. They're just games. They're supposed to be fun. Why does it matter who asks the questions and who answers them? It's not like there are any prizes for answering correctly.

If you showed up here, I'd probably offer you whatever I have in the house at the time, but it probably wouldn't be Oreos. I only buy Oreos when they have a new limited edition flavor. I hate the cookie part, but I take the creme out and I put it between two Nilla Wafers to make a better cookie.

Name a TV show that had at least four spin-off TV shows.
I could say Law and Order which I think has more spin offs than I can count. But I' m going to tweak this answer a bit, if you don't mind, and pick a show that has different versions AND spin offs - which is the esteemed Tonight Show-
starting with Steve Allen, then Jack Paar, the amazing Johnny Carson, then Jay Leno , and now, one of the Jimmy's.
But this show also gave rise to a new genre of Late Show and/or Late Night treasures like Tom Snyder, a couple of Craig's, another Jimmy, a Tim, Conan O'Brien, Seth and jmho the rightful heir to Carson- the time tested, Velcro suited Dave Letterman.
"Law & Order" had a bunch of spin-offs, but I don't think The Tonight Show" would be considered spin-offs. It's basically the same show with a new host. It did spawn a whole bunch of new late-night talk shows, but I don't think that they would be considered spin-offs either.

Spin-offs are a show that uses a character from the original show to create the new show. For example, spin-offs of "Happy Days" would include "Laverne & Shirley" and "Mork & Mindy".

Name 4 sitcom actors ( or actresses ) who were also singers , and who sang on the show.
I guess this depends on your definition of "singers". For example, Dick Van Dyke (from "The Dick Van Dyke Show") starred in several musicals, and Rose Marie (Sally Rogers on the same show) was a singer too. Hal Linden (from "Barney Miller" sang on Broadway, (but not in the sitcom), Doris Day (from "The Doris Day Show") starred in many musicals, Carol Burnett (from "The Carol Burnett Show") sang on Broadway and in her show, etc., but they might not be considered "singers" because they were primarily considered actors who also sang.

Even people like Eddie Mekka (Carmine on "Laverne & Shirley") and Scott Baio (Chachi on "Happy Days") sang on their respective shows, but they weren't really "singers".

Will Smith (from "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air") was a singer, but I don't know if he ever sang on the sitcom. David Cassidy sang in "The Partridge Family", as did his TV mom Shirley Jones.

And several sitcom stars sang their theme songs, but I don't think most (or any) of them sang on their sitcoms. For example, Greg Evigan sang the theme song for "My Two Dads", Nell Carter sang the theme song for "Gimme A Break", and Reba McEntire sang the theme song for "Reba", but I think she only sang on the show once.

I'm sure there are a lot more, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Well I'd really take any cookies you have -including those creme Nilla wafers. lol You may have a new product there
@gbgoodies.

As far as the Tonight show, I did get a little creative in 'tweaking' the question. Probably All in The Family had 4 spinoff shows too but can't recall them all.

As for singers: You picked a few I hadn't thought of, like David Cassidy. And yes! Dick Van Dyke was the show I was thinking of with 4 folks singing in the Xmas ep. More than 4 people, if you count' little Ritchie ' singing the Drummer Boy song. But to be exact, I would count Rose Marie and Dick as true professional singers . And I was definitely thinking of Nell Carter, I think she did sing once in the show. . ( Robert Gulluame had a superb voice too, but I don't remember if he sang on Benson) And remember, our dear Margaret ( Hattie Winston) belted out a song in great voice in an episode of Becker. But the 'big one' that wasn't mentioned was Desi Arnez - a true professional singer and band leader. 'Fred and Ethel ' weren't too bad either. Did a lot of great singing and soft shoe numbers.

At any rate, I'd say it's your turn gb. Don't forget to chase those cookies with a cool glass of the beverage of your choosing.

PS - I still get a kick out of this number

I can't believe I didn't think of some of those singers, especially the Partridge Family, which also brings to mind the Brady Bunch and the Monkees. The first two I thought of were Desi and Linda Lavin of "Alice," who sang the theme and occasionally sang on the show. Now I'll sit back and wait for the next question.

Well I'd really take any cookies you have -including those creme Nilla wafers. lol You may have a new product there
@gbgoodies.

As far as the Tonight show, I did get a little creative in 'tweaking' the question. Probably All in The Family had 4 spinoff shows too but can't recall them all.

As for singers: You picked a few I hadn't thought of, like David Cassidy. And yes! Dick Van Dyke was the show I was thinking of with 4 folks singing in the Xmas ep. More than 4 people, if you count' little Ritchie ' singing the Drummer Boy song. But to be exact, I would count Rose Marie and Dick as true professional singers . And I was definitely thinking of Nell Carter, I think she did sing once in the show. . ( Robert Gulluame had a superb voice too, but I don't remember if he sang on Benson) And remember, our dear Margaret ( Hattie Winston) belted out a song in great voice in an episode of Becker. But the 'big one' that wasn't mentioned was Desi Arnez - a true professional singer and band leader. 'Fred and Ethel ' weren't too bad either. Did a lot of great singing and soft shoe numbers.

At any rate, I'd say it's your turn gb. Don't forget to chase those cookies with a cool glass of the beverage of your choosing.

"The Dick Van Dyke Show" is my all-time favorite show, so it was the first one that I thought of when I read your question.

I thought of Robert Guillaume a little while after I posted my answer about the singers. I think he sang in one episode of "Benson". I didn't get to see him in "Phantom of the Opera", but I heard he was amazing.

"Becker" is another one of my favorite shows, but somehow I forgot about Hattie Winston when I was thinking about singers on sitcoms.

I can't believe I forgot about Desi Arnaz too. I loved listening to him sing in "I Love Lucy".

I can't believe I didn't think of some of those singers, especially the Partridge Family, which also brings to mind the Brady Bunch and the Monkees. The first two I thought of were Desi and Linda Lavin of "Alice," who sang the theme and occasionally sang on the show. Now I'll sit back and wait for the next question.
I thought of Linda Lavin too, but I was never a fan of her as a singer. I used to watch "Alice", but it's been so long since I've seen the show that I can't remember ever hearing her sing in an episode, but I remembered that she sang the theme song for the show.

Here's the next question:

What now famous director directed the first episode of "Columbo", (not the pilot episode, but the episode numbered "Season 1 Episode 1)"?

Hint: He also directed one of the segments of the pilot episode of Rod Serling's "Night Gallery".

I' m thinking, it's gotta be Spielberg, right?