Name The musician/singer

Tools    

I don't recognize the lady. Something tells me that I should, though.. I'm a fan of classic country music.[/quote]

Well @GulfportDoc, you certainly should know her parents; both esteemed country musicians, tho her dad was the one who gained great fame. .

Originally Posted by gulfportdoc
I don't recognize the lady. Something tells me that I should, though.. I'm a fan of classic country music.
Well @GulfportDoc, you certainly should know her parents; both esteemed country musicians, tho her dad was the one who gained great fame. .
Aha! Rosanne Cash, daughter of Johnny Cash?

You got it @GulfportDoc. Johnny Cash was her dad, who was married to June Carter, of the Carter family. ( Rosanne was actually daughter of Cash's first wife.)

And Rosanne is a great country musician in her own right. I saw her in concert a couple of years ago, and she was terrific. Plenty of talent AND stage presence to go around from that family.

Your turn.

One of the greatest jazz drummers, who expanded our knowledge of playing in unusual time signatures, like 5/4, 9/8, 7/4, etc. The jazz quartet he was in debuted this type of very catchy (and swingy) music in a landmark, 1959 best selling album:

I thought LL might know this man. The group was The Dave Brubeck Quartet, and the landmark album was named "Time Out". And the great drummer was.......

Joe Morello?

Excellent!! Joe was blind for the last number of years of his career, but he remained a top drummer.

I recall that he and the Brubeck Quartet played a show with us in the Cincinnati Symphony in the mid '60s. Joe had already lost enough of his vision that he had to write out directions --rather than notes-- in large black letters, which he kept near him on a music stand. One of the greats.

Your go...

I remember seeing him perform on TV and he was real good. I can kind of picture his face, but no idea of his name.
If you know the band, you’ll know him.

Very famous band that played at Woodstock. IIRC, @GulfportDoc guessed the lead member when his picture was here one time. Sadly, my photo guy committed suicide.

Oh for gawd's sake, it's Al Wilson from Canned Heat. Al was a founder of the group, and primarily known for his great harmonica playing and singing. We were all saddened and shook up when he died so young from taking drugs. Shortly following were Hendrix and Joplin. 1970 was a bad year.

We played several festivals and/or concerts with them. In fact several of us used to stop by a Hippie night spot in Topanga Canyon (near L.A.) where Bob Hite and some of them hung out, and jam with them. The house loved it.

One of my favorites- Emmy Lou Harris

Another favorite of mine, perhaps one of yours too @GulfportDoc

He was inspired, he's said, by a renowned jazz guitarist, but he's better known for playing country. This is a man, btw, who I find to be almost impossible to recognize from this photo.

He's much younger here, but maybe there's a better chance of recognizing him from this pic: