sky fox awards?

Tools    

so today, i released a video to the public stating that i will be starting a movie award thing soon, and i was wondering if you all would be up to helping with nominating. its a different set up, but i got inspired to do this from someone i know that quit doing his thing a while back. with his blessing, i made my own thing, one that does awards for every 2 years of movies, starting with 1970-71. why those years in particular? just because i wanted to start there.

if youd like to help, let me know. if you need more information, check the video link. if that doesnt answer any questions you have, ask away. id like for you all to help because you love movies like i do, so i know it would be in good hands, but i wont force this on you; if you dont want to, you dont have to.

Oh! I do have some questions:

1. Your video says the nominees are taken from other film awards. Can you precisely mention which ones? I'm really hoping you're using a specific one, so that's why I ask.

2. Why two years at a time?

Why take nominees from another film award show? Why not just let people nominate whatever? Seems like you're needlessly restricting peoples choices.
because while i appreciate the opinions of others, id rather have this look more like something of prestige rather than the mtv movie awards or peoples choice. do i think that all of the movies that are on these shortlists deserve a shot? no, but once upon a time, some people who swear to have good taste did, so whatever.

i dont expect everyone to agree with me on this, just to understand that its there. i couldve gone further with what rules i set up before gathering all the stuff together, which *realy* restricts what makes it, at least in the best movie categories, but im sure that video bored people enough.

long story, it is what it is, im ready to start when i find outside sources to help with this. lets just call the shortlist and the guaranteed spots filled my call on the matter, and im freely giving others a shot at shaping these.

Oh! I do have some questions:

1. Your video says the nominees are taken from other film awards. Can you precisely mention which ones? I'm really hoping you're using a specific one, so that's why I ask.

2. Why two years at a time?
1. oscars, globes, baftas, critics, sag, sattellite, saturn, and nighthawk (another movie thing run by just one person). i think thats it, but if theres more ill add them later.

2. because sometimes, theres not enough good stuff in 1 year. sometimes, 2 years may not be enough, but it should help some.

Then i'm not sure why you'd expect anyone to be interested when you've made it clear you have no faith in their taste.

I also think you're overvaluing The Oscars which i presume is the award show you'll be using. Some of the best films of each year are regularly snubbed by The Oscars, it's an industry show with clear biases not a paradigm of quality. Not to mention you'll be ignoring the vast majority of foreign language films if you only go by them.

very well, i shall move on. thank you for your time.

No need to move on i don't speak for everyone and didn't mean to imply i do. This same thing happened on this site before it was actually JCBaggins that did it under a different account and people had the same problems with it i just mentioned causing a lack of participation.

Actually, if I may speak for myself here, my ordeal was having a small group pick out nominees with me, making it a mess that I eventually got bored with. I see where you're both coming from, so I won't sway anything one way or another. Switzerland, baby!

And at least he included the Saturn Awards. They show love for my three favorite genres, so I can't help but like them (fantasy, science fiction, and superhero)!

Actually, if I may speak for myself here, my ordeal was having a small group pick out nominees with me, making it a mess that I eventually got bored with.
It was still restricting peoples choices by getting the nominations from elsewhere and also restricting their involvement. And i remember there being complaints in the threads and only a couple participated, i know that because i was one of them; think the others were Miss Vicky and gbg.

True, but it's in the past. Bygones and all that. I've never felt so relieved to quit something, at least until I finish up college. Anyway, heading offline now, figured I'd drop in and see the fuss since I saw a Facebook post from Sky Fox about this. Take care, Camo, and good night!