Manchester by the Sea (2016)

Tools    

135 min | Drama

Release Date: 18 November 2016

An uncle is forced to take care of his teenage nephew after the boy's father dies.

Director: Kenneth Lonergan
Writer: Kenneth Lonergan
Starring: Casey Affleck, Michelle Williams, Kyle Chandler, Matthew Broderick, Gretchen Mol

Trailer #1:

its got Kyle Chandler? im in! looks like hes the dad though,so hes not really in it.

Looks good though theres been several other movies with the same plot,however the cast might bring something extra to it. I like both Michelle and Casey.i dont love,but i like

One of the most overrated movies I have ever seen. I would have bailed out if it hadn’t been for the good reviews. I stuck it out to the end & may revisit it in case I have missed something that other people saw in the movie. Casey Affleck was very good in his role. The dialogue was horrible. I have never heard so many f-bombs in one movie. We live very close to the Massachusetts border & I have never heard people talking like this. The soundtrack was bizarre. Michelle Williams had a huge scene where she was supposed to be crying, but she just could not manage to deliver any tears in the scene. So lame. Lucas Hedges played a 16 year old, but looked older. He was supposed to be a hit with girls & that was a huge stretch. Lots of confusing flashbacks. Kyle Chandler only so so. Gretchen Mol cute. Matthew Broderick suddenly appeared for a single scene & that was odd too.

Very disappointing.

Took another look & liked it better. Still not a “masterpiece” by any stretch of the imagination & will never watch it again.