Gods of Egypt (2016)

Tools    

100 min | Adventure, Fantasy

Release Date: 26 February 2016

A common thief joins a mythical god on a quest through Egypt.

Director: Alex Proyas
Writer: Matt Sazama, Burk Sharpless
Starring: Gerard Butler, Rufus Sewell, Geoffrey Rush, Chadwick Boseman, Brenton Thwaites

Trailer #1:

Trailer #2:

I will see it because I LOVE Egyptian mythology.. but I dont think it will be that great!

I have to return some videotapes...
Looks like another awful Gerard Butler movie trying to recapture the epic 300.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I love Alex Proyas, but his films of late have been embarrassing. This looks like it will be horrible.

Suspect's Reviews

I will see it because I LOVE Egyptian mythology.. but I dont think it will be that great!
I feel like that to some extent. Mythology fans often have to make do with what they can get. I love The Odyssey, so I feel fortunate that there are several takes on the story even if they're of varying quality. The best one is the miniseries The Odyssey (1997) which of course has the extra advantage of length. Unfortunately it still suffers from being Americanized, which is also something that affected the film Odysseus and the Isle of the Mists (2008), a much more low-budget affair that invents a new stop on the journey quite well. Armand Assante and Arnold Vosloo are, irrespective of the quality of the productions, the best performers of the role on screen.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I feel like that to some extent. Mythology fans often have to make do with what they can get. I love The Odyssey, so I feel fortunate that there are several takes on the story even if they're of varying quality. The best one is the miniseries The Odyssey (1997) which of course has the extra advantage of length. Unfortunately it still suffers from being Americanized, which is also something that affected the film Odysseus and the Isle of the Mists (2008), a much more low-budget affair that invents a new stop on the journey quite well. Armand Assante and Arnold Vosloo are, irrespective of the quality of the productions, the best performers of the role on screen.
I was looking for a copy of the Assante version and was shocked at how much people want for it. $200+ It was insane.

That has obviously stopped once mass marketed dvd came out in October. You can pick it up for $8 now.

I was looking for a copy of the Assante version and was shocked at how much people want for it. $200+ It was insane.

That has obviously stopped once mass marketed dvd came out in October. You can pick it up for $8 now.
Is that in North America? That's ludicrous. My UK DVD's probably about 10 years old and it wasn't expensive. I'm also fond of Ulysses with Kirk Douglas, amazingly one of the only times the Sirens are used (it'd be nice to see them once in a while, like we do in Ulysses 31).

Due to my love and understanding of Egyptian Mythology... I found the 2014 "The Pyramid" scary as f*ck because I understand how Anubis would react to someone invading his father's tomb... it was considered one of the worse horror films of that year... but I loved it.... and all I can say is Anubis is f*cking awesome!

Due to my love and understanding of Egyptian Mythology... I found the 2014 "The Pyramid" scary as f*ck because I understand how Anubis would react to someone invading his father's tomb... it was considered one of the worse horror films of that year... but I loved it.... and all I can say is Anubis is f*cking awesome!
It's all in the eye of the beholder, and the way you describe The Pyramid makes it sound interesting.

I've just remembered a really embarrassingly awful American film that had Fenris the wolf turning up. All I can recall is somebody confronting the beast Dr. Venkman-style and saying they would show him how they do things "downtown". To say that it was implausible would be generous, so I won't.

Not sure if you know this or not but O Brother Where Art Thou is based off Homer's The Odyssey.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Not sure if you know this or not but O Brother Where Art Thou is based off Homer's The Odyssey.
I do yeah, but I've never seen it.