Game of Thrones: Season 4

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
I think it will still happen.

WARNING: "ADWD" spoilers below
Someone DID bring a goat in in the books, and then later another man came and she sort of says something along the lines of how she had already declared how these herders were to be reimbursed, only to have this man unwrap the bones of his child. It;s a crucial event when considering public opinion of the new queen, and in continuing the story of the dragons and Dany's insidious loss of control over them.

In the Beginning...
I wrapped both of those last two posts in spoiler tags, if only because the thing you're talking about might well still happen.
Whoops! Guess I didn't think of that, but you very well might be right. Thanks for swooping in and wrapping that stuff up.

I don't have anything to add to this conversation except that my Peter Dinklage love is now at an all-time high after last night's episode. That's all :-)

I just saw it amongst the Thrones funnies and it took me off guard so much I laughed. Worth a spot.

The Adventure Starts Here!
There are a few threads here about Game of Thrones (various seasons, etc.), so excuse me if this has been mentioned and I just missed it or forgot. I'm rewatching this recent episode, and because I love the opening credits, I'm paying close attention to them. I wanted to call attention to the fact that, even though they add and subtract locations from those opening credits, Winterfell remains there every single week. And, let's face it: We haven't really seen Winterfell in the show in ages. I like the subtle nod that this is essentially the story of the Stark family (spread out though they may be most of the time).

Okay, that's all. Back to the rewatch...

I am the Watcher in the Night
There are a few threads here about Game of Thrones (various seasons, etc.), so excuse me if this has been mentioned and I just missed it or forgot. I'm rewatching this recent episode, and because I love the opening credits, I'm paying close attention to them. I wanted to call attention to the fact that, even though they add and subtract locations from those opening credits, Winterfell remains there every single week. And, let's face it: We haven't really seen Winterfell in the show in ages. I like the subtle nod that this is essentially the story of the Stark family (spread out though they may be most of the time).

Okay, that's all. Back to the rewatch...
As you mention, it's due to the overarching story of the Starks and how important leaving Winterfell was for the fall of House Stark. It's a sad, dark reminder.

Now, in terms of the most recent episode, are they playing Dany off as the complete conqueror of Meereen? Correct me if I'm wrong but in the books Meereen hangs in the balance after Dany enters it's walls and she has to at times, do as the Masters want otherwise the city will fall into disrepair and rebellion, yet there hasn't been any indication of this.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

The Adventure Starts Here!
I guess I see the Dany this as her having just arrived there. She's getting settled in. I'm thinking the bad stuff and the frustrating stuff for her is still going to happen, but that we just haven't seen it yet.

This has probably been posted or seen elsewhere, but since there's been a lot of funny GoT videos being posted, I thought I'd add this one. It's "Bad Lip Reading" from YouTube and they put in what it looks like they might be saying instead of...well, you get the picture.

Only 4 episodes left in the season. Im assuming its gonna be hitting the fan hard and frequently from here on out.

Do we have a pool going? Who's getting taken out tonight? I put 4 to 1 odds that its the Mountain the gets capped tonight. If you predict the winner of tonight's blooding... you'll win absolutely nothing! Except maybe a little pride in knowing that you totally picked the winner.

Do we have a pool going? Who's getting taken out tonight? I put 4 to 1 odds that its the Mountain the gets capped tonight. If you predict the winner of tonight's blooding... you'll win absolutely nothing! Except maybe a little pride in knowing that you totally picked the winner.
Predictions, and reasonably easy to guess considering episode titles -

WARNING: "upcoming episode events" spoilers below

7 - one Tully comes and another goes
8 - Snake and the Mountain
9 - Battle of the Wall
10 - Tywin sits in the "throne room"

Another great episode. It was another build up to what should be a great finish to the season. It seems obvious what direction each storyline's taking, but of course you cant trust the obvious in this series.

By the time the Hound gets Arya to the Vale who knows what they could be walking into. This is almost like a pattern for them as they hit their destination only for it to be wrecked i.e. Red Wedding. Great dynamic with those two, and theyve filled the Tyrion/Bronn void nicely.

Sansa Stark, the actress playing her is going to be gorgeous when she grows up. I think shes 17 or 18 now. At fist I was lukewarm towards her character, but now I got to root for her being shes always perpetually over her head in situations or enviroments. Poor girl goes from Joffrey to this kid...