2016 Summer Olympics

Tools    

I caught the extra time/penalties of the football final (I don't watch Olympic football because, well, it's the Olympics) and I have to admit that I was really hoping that Germany did what Germany do and win the shootout. However, once they missed and Neymar was next, it was written in the stars.

Did we spend more than China for the medals? If not, then that's something... I suppose.

So it ended.

Yesterday we got the only really important thing in the whole event: beating Germany in the penaltis for the gold in football.
Yeah, congrats Guap. Pretty surprising that was Brazil's first gold medal. Glad Neymar won particularly.

I caught the extra time/penalties of the football final (I don't watch Olympic football because, well, it's the Olympics) and I have to admit that I was really hoping that Germany did what Germany do and win the shootout. However, once they missed and Neymar was next, it was written in the stars.
I suspect the for that last penalti the Germans decided before to miss it and allow Brazil to win to make then happier after the humiliation.

Did we spend more than China for the medals? If not, then that's something... I suppose.
I think China now doesn't care about gold medals anymore. Their objective was to win the Olympics in 2008 when they played at home, then in 2012 they had the fallout of their investments up to 2008, while now in 2016 their investments for 2008 have depreciated fully. While the UK invested to do well in 2012 so their investment was still felt in 2016 while Chinese presence was weaker, resulting in the 2nd place.

Japan also did better than usual because they are hosting the next Olympics.

Glad Germany didn't win, they were pretty awful in general throughout. No offence to any Germans here but they deserved a few red cards at least. Also thought the Columbia vs Brazil match was a reversal from the World Cup, this time Columbia behaved pretty awfully and Brazil didn't get the right decisions. So yeah i think i'm happy that Brazil won.