Movies that work the gag reflex

Tools    

It's not like it's human centipede or Salo, but nip tuck may be a show that terrifies the gaggy.
Really? I must have a very strong stomach 🤣

Seriously though, I don’t remember experiencing a “gagging” sensation from films, not August Underground or Slaughtered Vomit Dolls or anything. Human Centipede I’d call fairly disturbing conceptually, but not on a physical level.

Duplicate Account (locked)
Really? I must have a very strong stomach 🤣

Seriously though, I don’t remember experiencing a “gagging” sensation from films, not August Underground or Slaughtered Vomit Dolls or anything. Human Centipede I’d call fairly disturbing conceptually, but not on a physical level.

Human centipede, salo, and swallow, made me feel a sense of disgust and made me gag a little bit, but i can't think of any other films or shows that accomplished what you are describing except poultrygeist when i was 17, i could only watch 30 minutes of it with that nasty fast food restaurant 🤣

Human centipede, salo, and swallow, made me feel a sense of disgust and made me gag a little bit, but i can't think of any other films or shows that accomplished what you are describing except poultrygeist when i was 17, i could only watch 30 minutes of it with that nasty fast food restaurant 🤣
How come re: Swallow? I thought it was a pretty great film, albeit it wasn’t explained very well why she does it — but not that disgusting imo, especially compared to the others mentioned… unless I’m thinking about the wrong one? As expected, I first read the above as “Poltergeist” and was very perplexed as that’s rather mild… but Poultrygeist, I guess, yes. Only seen it once but that was enough.

How come re: Swallow? I thought it was a pretty great film, albeit it wasn’t explained very well why she does it — but not that disgusting imo, especially compared to the others mentioned… unless I’m thinking about the wrong one? As expected, I first read the above as “Poltergeist” and was very perplexed as that’s rather mild… but Poultrygeist, I guess, yes. Only seen it once but that was enough.

...watching someone swallow thumbtacks didn't make you feel disgusted?! The whole thing was about her swallowing because

WARNING: "reveals key aspect of movie" spoilers below

she was born out of rape and her mom hid that from her

but it's not based on real psychology, or people who have pica.

Salo. People eating regular FOOD tests my gag reflex, especially if they go in for a close up, so having a roomful of people eating turds is a... that doesn't work for me. There was an eating scene in Singapore Sling that got to me as well but I saw it so long ago that I don't remember it all that well.

Also, a scene in Waiting... where the guys in the restaurant fix up a complaining woman's plate with some special, homemade ingredients and she digs right in - close up! That was rough! I don't care how good the bread-sticks are, I am not eating at chain restaurants.

Finally, there's a scene in The Night of Something Strange that was pretty gross. I always think of that scene like a trip to the Grand Canyon. At the Canyon there's this Park Ranger who's only job is to patrol the rim of the Canyon. Basically keep people from falling in. Back and forth, back and forth along the rim all day. It's a ***** job and you deal with a lot of nuts, but someone has to do it.

Salo. People eating regular FOOD tests my gag reflex, especially if they go in for a close up, so having a roomful of people eating turds is a... that doesn't work for me. There was an eating scene in Singapore Sling that got to me as well but I saw it so long ago that I don't remember it all that well.

Also, a scene in Waiting... where the guys in the restaurant fix up a complaining woman's plate with some special, homemade ingredients and she digs right in - close up! That was rough! I don't care how good the bread-sticks are, I am not eating at chain restaurants.

Finally, there's a scene in The Night of Something Strange that was pretty gross. I always think of that scene like a trip to the Grand Canyon. At the Canyon there's this Park Ranger who's only job is to patrol the rim of the Canyon. Basically keep people from falling in. Back and forth, back and forth along the rim all day. It's a ***** job and you deal with a lot of nuts, but someone has to do it.

Waiting: around the time that came out that was pretty much a reflection of the teen/20s culture around where we lived at around the time the movie came out, i remember in high school one of the mean kids served his sister turds and *** when she invited her friends over, disgusting, wtf.

I had a job is a 5-start restaurant and while i don't thinking they were contaminating the food with nasty stuff, there was a lot of sausage exhibitionism if you know what i mean because of that movie. One time, at a party, one of the coworkers pissed in orange juice he gave me and told me about it, then at the job i pissed in a mustard/ketchup squirter and sprayed him on the back as he was leaving work, then i went back to wash the squirter out, and he went and smacked me in the face with all his might while i was washing dishes and it had zero effect on me. The funny part is the manager saw him do that and he got chewed out for it which i thought was really funny.

you messed up my jacket!, he said to me. Lol, well maybe you shouldn't trick people into drinking your piss

Waiting: around the time that came out that was pretty much a reflection of the teen/20s culture around where we lived at around the time the movie came out, i remember in high school one of the mean kids served his sister turds and *** when she invited her friends over, disgusting, wtf.

I had a job is a 5-start restaurant and while i don't thinking they were contaminating the food with nasty stuff, there was a lot of sausage exhibitionism if you know what i mean because of that movie. One time, at a party, one of the coworkers pissed in orange juice he gave me and told me about it, then at the job i pissed in a mustard/ketchup squirter and sprayed him on the back as he was leaving work, then i went back to wash the squirter out, and he went and smacked me in the face with all his might while i was washing dishes and it had zero effect on me. The funny part is the manager saw him do that and he got chewed out for it which i thought was really funny.

you messed up my jacket!, he said to me. Lol, well maybe you shouldn't trick people into drinking your piss
Dear me. Not that I’ve ever eaten at a chain restaurant unless you count Joe & the Juice or a McDonald’s when I was 11, but I’d echo @Hey Fredrick that I never will now… or if I have to will wash it down with whiskey/vodka like my father does…

...watching someone swallow thumbtacks didn't make you feel disgusted?!
Nope, I thought that was pretty standard/basic horror material… see Oculus where she takes a bite out of a light bulb. *shrug*

there are some people who just don't get disgusted by movies, i suppose. It's like how when i'm on a boat out at sea, i don't feel motion sickness at all, or in any situation, but some people start vomiting right at the slightest instance of it.