Horror/suspense/thriller movie recommendations

Tools    

I just saw Hell House (I think it was recommended in the disturbing films thread) and it really scared me. Even though it delved into the ghost theme, it was really well done, no stupid jump scares. One of the best found footage flicks I've ever seen; the budget limitations didn't make it look cheap whatsoever.

For your stated preferences all I could think of was Cube (1997)

As for psychological/mystery/suspense thrillers that I actually like:

Stir Of Echoes (1999)
The 4th Floor (1999)
The Game (1997)
Coherence (2013)
The Jacket (2005)
The Machinist (2004)
Enemy (2013)
The Fugitive (1993) (suspense only)

Are these any good? Bear in mind I'm not that fond of horror films that have fantasy or paranormal (despite me liking reading about paranormal cases in real life) elements...

Censor (2021)
The Night House (2020)

Are these any good? Bear in mind I'm not that fond of horror films that have fantasy or paranormal (despite me liking reading about paranormal cases in real life) elements...

Censor (2021)
The Night House (2020)
I really like the latter but the former is more up your street as it is not paranormal (almost at all anyway).

Edit: to clarify, both are good films.

Maybe horror is a catch-all term but the movies I just listed do have an element of horror in the sense that common/ ordinary killers are far scarier than supernatural entities?

Better Living Through Movie Quotes
If not mentioned previously, a couple of good 2012 Anchor Bay releases:

A good but poorly known zombie picture set in Africa: "The Dead" (2012).

If zombies are too supernatural for you...

A short (84 minutes) and gritty post post-apocalypse flick successfully capturing the flavor of Cormac McCarthy's book "The Road" (better than the movie with Viggo Mortenson) is "The Day" (2012), hi-lighted by a fine performance by Ashley Bell. For horror fans who have not read the book, "The Road," you are missing out.

There is the French psychological/slasher bloodbath "Inside" 2007.

You've probably seen the Japanese film, "Audition" (1999)

The German movie "Goodnight Mommy" (2015)

"Bone Tomahawk" (2015), "Blue Ruin" (2013),

"The Reflecting Skin" (2011)

"The Old Dark House" (1932) James Wale!

Some you probably have seen: Peckinpaw's "Straw Dogs" (1971), DePalma's "Dressed To Kill" and "Blow Out" (1981)

Kokuhaku [Confessions]
Late Night Trains
Angst
Manhunter
Cold Fish
Obsession
House on the Edge of the Park
Inbred
Don't Torture a Duckling
The House with Laughing Windows
Deep Red
Road Games
The Clonus Horror
Taxidermia
The Skin I Live In

Bedeviled
Deadgirl

The last two seem to fall in the pranormal catgory, right?

LOVED The Skin I Live In

One of the scariest movies I've seen is The Hidden Face. It was hard to find this movie in good quality. I found it on the film expert website, it had better quality.. It's a movie about a girl stuck in a bunker. Throughout the movie, I was terrified of what was happening. Overall, the movie makes us think about our stupid actions and the consequences they lead to.

I've seen quite a bit from that genre so I'm looking for some movies that may have fallen off the radar. Let me say that I'm not that keen on the supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, spirits, exorcism, fantastic, sci-fi type of horror.
Crawl
Terrifier
Goodnight Mommy
Green Room
Chained
Take Shelter
Dead & Buried

well scream 5 just released today i heard its a really good movie i be seeing it tomoroww with a guy i have crush on . i seen all 4 scream movies so hopefully scream 5 will be good .

I think one of the best horror movies I've watched is Spanish. Well, the Japanese also make you scared

Victim of The Night
Absolutely.
Just revisited this last October and it's as good as I remembered.