23rd MoFo Hall of Fame

Tools    

It's actually only been out for a few weeks, as a VOD rental. Maybe I'll nominate it for something next year when it's more widely available and on more streaming services, assuming there's the right group of people for it. I don't imagine it's going to have mass appeal.

Alright, I've got 2 first viewings and 2 rewatches lined up. Hopefully something sticks out in this batch.

If worst comes to worst, I guess I could always just shuffle my DVDs and pick something at random to nominate, but I picked up a lot of trash when the local HMV went out of business a couple years ago, so I don't think anyone wants me going with that option haha.

Alright, I've got 2 first viewings and 2 rewatches lined up. Hopefully something sticks out in this batch.

If worst comes to worst, I guess I could always just shuffle my DVDs and pick something at random to nominate, but I picked up a lot of trash when the local HMV went out of business a couple years ago, so I don't think anyone wants me going with that option haha.
If you run out of ideas, you could go with another fantasy film. Or the random shuffle pick from your DVD stash might be interesting!

Still a week for this to start? Daaaamn!
I wanted to give people plenty of time to decide on a nom and finish other HOFs. Plus I wanted to start it on a weekend because of my work schedule and this weekend would have been too soon.

Legend in my own mind
Tempted...

Legend in my own mind
And Sarge brings us to eight participants with another strong nomination.
Looking forward to trying to recreate the glory days of HOF 14

I do like these tournaments - have led me to so many films that I wouldn't have watched otherwise.

I do like these tournaments - have led me to so many films that I wouldn't have watched otherwise.
Good to have you back!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Should help me knock out a few more for Fantasy HOF and then I'll be in decent shape to start this.
I was thinking the same thing lol

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

Glad to see ya, Sarge!!

For some reason, I thought the reveal was this weekend and late nomination deadline the next, but it seems I have another week to ponder this HoF, my nomination, and the universe in general.

So those four films were a bust. One was a film I didn't really like that much the first time I saw it, but I wanted to like it more, if that makes sense. I was hoping a rewatch would make it click like Blue Ruin did, but that wasn't the case. Maybe if I come back to it in a few more years, the third time will be the charm haha.