The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh

→ in
Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Thanks. Let me know what you think. If you have time, check out the ones I did on Se7en and The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. I'm kinda proud of those.
Good stuff. The opening bits for each film were quite a bit louder than the analysis sections, which started me a couple of times!

Nobody voted for Here Comes the Boom just to shake things up?
I was an extra in this movie. >.> <.<

Good stuff. The opening bits for each film were quite a bit louder than the analysis sections, which started me a couple of times!
Thanks! I'll see if I can tweak them in future episodes. I'm still learning my way around the software I'm using, but I'm enjoying delving into it.

Thanks! I'll see if I can tweak them in future episodes. I'm still learning my way around the software I'm using, but I'm enjoying delving into it.
There may be a way to normalize the entire episode's audio so it automatically adjusts all the audio to be the same level. I don't have much experience with podcasts, but when recording music from time to time I know I was able to fix dynamic inconsistencies in my recording using the "normalize" function. Now, if only there was a function to fix my playing, I would be all set!

Popping in for the first time in ages, very cool to see a new version of this list coming, can't believe it's been 10 years ! And more than double the participation than the last time, I will be eager to see the changes. Judging from some of the newer lists I've seen too, I think this one will look quite different from the two previous iterations. Lists galore!

Popping in for the first time in ages, very cool to see a new version of this list coming, can't believe it's been 10 years ! And more than double the participation than the last time, I will be eager to see the changes. Judging from some of the newer lists I've seen too, I think this one will look quite different from the two previous iterations. Lists galore!
Ah, bummer, wish you'd popped in just a few days earlier! Good to see you again, regardless.

I was actually looking at the one from before and trying to find the total number of films submitted, but I don't think you ever mentioned it in the thread. Any chance you can PM me a link to the old spreadsheet?

There may be a way to normalize the entire episode's audio so it automatically adjusts all the audio to be the same level. I don't have much experience with podcasts, but when recording music from time to time I know I was able to fix dynamic inconsistencies in my recording using the "normalize" function. Now, if only there was a function to fix my playing, I would be all set!
I'll see if I can find something to that effect. I'm supposed to edit the newest episode one of these days; it's already recorded, but haven't been able to sit down to edit, but if I can find time, I'll see if I can play with that.

I'll see if I can find something to that effect. I'm supposed to edit the newest episode one of these days; it's already recorded, but haven't been able to sit down to edit, but if I can find time, I'll see if I can play with that.
About to check out the Se7en episode!

Ah, bummer, wish you'd popped in just a few days earlier! Good to see you again, regardless.

I was actually looking at the one from before and trying to find the total number of films submitted, but I don't think you ever mentioned it in the thread. Any chance you can PM me a link to the old spreadsheet?
Yeah, just missed it, that's okay though, should be more representative of the regulars here anyways !

Ah unfortunately not, wish I did, the computer I used back then and its files are long gone. Surprised I didn't mention it in the thread, though. I remember crunching all kinds of numbers haha

The countdown thread is up, but don't get too excited just yet: still a little bit of work on my end before we're 100% ready:

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=62821

One-pointers go up tomorrow, and in all likelihood we'll start formally on Monday. I know, I know, agonizing, but better to make sure everything's working cleanly on my end (and on mobile and all that). It's worth it.

I'm offended by all you people making fun of Paul Blart. I know we're not supposed to reveal our ballots yet, but screw it: Paul Blart: Mall Cop was my #1 and its sequel was my #2. In addition to opening my eyes to the wonderous possibilities of the cinematic artform, those films inspired me to finally pursue my dream. Mall security has always been my greatest passion, but I didn't think I had what it took for such an enormous responsibility. Paul Blart taught me to get back up on that Segway no matter how many times I fall off. The fact that such respectable establishments like Dillard's, Footlocker and Cinnabon put their trust and safety in my hands is an enormous honor. I was put on this earth to protect kiosks and food courts. Thank you, Paul Blart, for inspiring me to pursue my dream, and f**k all you people for mocking such an icon and personal hero.

I can personally vouch for Spaulding's credentials as a Mall Cop, btw. Take it from me: He is not just some random clown!

He has a 2011 Ford Taurus and a gas card, and I am pretty sure he has a custom leather cell phone case with his initials on it. Dude means business.

I commented on this a bit a few pages back. I did feel the urge to try to objectively consider technical merits, performances etc. rather than just pick my favorites, but ended up sort of doing both. I mean, one of my favorite movies to watch just to get a few laughs is 1985's Clue, but by no stretch of the imagination do I think it is one of the bets movies of all time.

Make sense?
Yes. I presumed that the assignment was to pick the "best" movies in terms of all around merits: story, acting, directing, technical aspects, etc., rather than ones smply that we particularly enjoyed. But looking back at the title of the contest, it says "top" 100, not "best" 100.

"Top" films could be considered in terms of box office, production merit, or just personal favorites, for example.
Therefore I think we're going to end up with a vast amount of titles..