A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

This is basically accurate, but the movie is at best a 6/10.
Whiff all my fumes, ye mighty.

And despair.

I should probably watch The Conjuring again at some point.

It's possible it's been a fantastic movie this whole time, and I'm just being a big stupid dummy.
Mainline Malignant first then Conjure it up while you’re flying high.

Monstrum (2018). In 1500s Korea a King asks his former general to investigate rumors of a monster in the area. Some spotty CGI aside this was pretty good. I liked our little ban of protagonists, there were some cool fights and some political intrigue. It reminded me of The Host.

Time Lapse stars Caitlin Snow from The Flash and is about three roommates who find a camera in a neighbor’s apartment that takes pictures of the future. I think someone saw Primer.

Aw, yeah! It's mid October and my horror friend group is all abuzz about . . . Star Wars?

Way to zig when I think you'd zag, ya'll!
I've refrained from joining in on this fray any further, because I don't want to hijack the thread with non-Horror discussion; I'm just a bit surprised that my throwaway comment lead to this much brouhaha as a result, you know? Yes...

Victim of The Night
I would rather die than ever see The Nun
The Nun sucked.
I actually kinda like the Wan-verse and I panned this pretty viciously.

The Nun sucked.
I actually kinda like the Wan-verse and I panned this pretty viciously.
It did suck… but it was also visually sumptuous, with a quality cast and a degree of production value rarely found in jump scare fests of its ilk, managing to evoke a bygone era I very much miss…

So it kinda didn’t suck at the same time.

Victim of The Night
It did suck… but it was also visually sumptuous, with a quality cast and a degree of production value rarely found in jump scare fests of its ilk, managing to evoke a bygone era I very much miss…

So it kinda didn’t suck at the same time.
Hm. I can't say you're wrong (not that I ever really want to) but I had a significant contempt for this movie despite all the positives you correctly enumerate.

Did JJ just ask me to rank the entire Conjuring Universe???
Ooof. Of course I meant Annette, that wonderful motion picture. I was under the influence of the Velvets, so I was seeing extraneous Bs and Ls everywhere I looked. Let's all just blame Stu. His 2013 gifs are something we can all unite against.

I know I have a hole in my horror viewing in terms of Hammer horror, so watched a couple with a friend the other day.

So despite the fact I haven't seen any of their other Dracula films we started with Dracula has risen from the grave, this was a solid gothic horror with a surprising number of deviations from tropes that helped it in my estimation. Need to see the earlier films now but I did enjoy this one quite a bit.

Next up was Vampire Circus and that one I loved. At turns creepy, surreal and thrilling, I loved the tension the circus created in the town and while a bit hammy in the acting it worked for the kind of bonkers story they were telling.

Next up was Vampire Circus and that one I loved. At turns creepy, surreal and thrilling, I loved the tension the circus created in the town and while a bit hammy in the acting it worked for the kind of bonkers story they were telling.
Correct! It is the BEST!

Correct! It is the BEST!
Not gonna lie it was the general praise, and especially yours, around here that made me make sure to request it as the second film for the night when Hammer films became the theme.

Misspelled name....its just a fancy word for Film!
You can't go wrong with Hammer Horror.

Dracula (1958)
The Curse of Frankenstein (1957)
The Mummy (1959)
The Plague of the Zombies (1966)
Curse of the Werewolf (1961)
Dracula Prince of Darkness (1966)

some good one's there to check out where it all started. Hammer always has great spooky film sets and great performances by Christopher Lee and his friend Peter Cushing.

Not gonna lie it was the general praise, and especially yours, around here that made me make sure to request it as the second film for the night when Hammer films became the theme.
Awesome.

I really feel as if it's a film that has it all: scary, weird, cool imagery, sexy (for people who like either gender!), and even a hilariously awful looking panther puppet for some unintentional comic relief.

Whiff all my fumes, ye mighty.

And despair.
Confused.

On the one hand, you're fume free. On the other, you're telling Rock and Crumbs to whiff your fumes.

Confused.

On the one hand, you're fume free. On the other, you're telling Rock and Crumbs to whiff your fumes.

I said fume free AIN’T the way to be.