Foreign Language Hall of Fame

Tools    

Well we'll see I own the other two...

And mine should be very easy to guess based on the clues given in this thread.
Is yours a film from this year or did i misread your post?

Weird is relative.
I sent in a nomination. The majority of what I watch are films in languages other than English already, so I'm looking forward to this.

movies can be okay...
Oh my God.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Anyone who has already sent in a nomination has been added to the list, however due to the size of the HoF I will not be accepting any more nominations. The first post has been updated to reflect this.

Of course anyone who didn't officially join is always welcome to hang out in the thread and participate at their leisure.

It's a little earlier in the day than planned, but it's time to reveal the nominations!

@Citizen Rules @jiraffejustin @Nope1172 @Okay @edarsenal @Ultraviolence @ScarletLion @cricket @Pussy Galore @Thursday Next @Nemanja @Siddon @CaptainT @Luis @MijaFrost @MovieMad16

Welcome everyone to the Foreign Language Hall of Fame! The turn-out ended up being a little higher than expected, so hopefully you're all still on board. We have a decent mix of veterans and HoF newcomers, and for those of you I don't already know, I look forward to seeing you in the thread! Now it's time for what you're all waiting for...

Our nominations in order of release are:

The Exterminating Angel (1962)
Director: Luis Buñuel
Nominated By: jiraffejustin

The Leopard (1963)
Directed By: Luchino Visconti
Nominated By: Ultraviolence

The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964)
Director: Jacques Demy
Nominated By: Citizen Rules

The Saragossa Manuscript (1965)
Directed By: Wojciech Jerzy Has
Nominated By: Nemanja

The Sword of Doom (1966)
Directed By: Kihachi Okamoto
Nomianted By: Cricket

Benny's Video (1992)
Director: Michael Haneke
Nomainted By: Okay

La Haine (1995)
Director: Mathieu Kassovitz
Nominated By: Nope1172

Millennium Actress (2001)
Directed By: Satoshi Kon
Nominated By: Pussy Galore

Samsara (2001)
Directed By: Pan Nalin
Nominated By: MijaFrost

Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
Directed By: Guillermo del Toro
Nominated By: Luis

Entre Nos (2009)
Directed By: Paola Mendoza, Gloria LaMorte
Nominated By: ScarletLion

Borgman (2013)
Directed By: Alex van Warmerdam
Nominated By: CaptainT

Phoenix (2014)
Directed By: Christian Petzold
Nominated By: CosmicRunaway

The Bélier Family (2014)
Directed By: Eric Lartigau
Nominated By: MovieMad16

Assassination (2015)
Director: Choi Dong-hoon
Nominated By: edarsenal

The Age of Shadows (2016)
Directed By: Kim Jee-woon
Nominated By: Thursday Next

Thelma (2017)
Directed By: Joachim Trier
Nominated By: Siddon

Haven't heard of several of those.

Only seen four. Pan's Labyrinth is one of my favourite films. Watched Phoenix last month and thought it was incredible, i also guessed it last night ...okay after a very obvious clue and it was second of two guesses i made Love La Haine too. Like Millenium Actress quite a bit but i prefer Perfect Blue.

Of the one's i haven't seen the ones i want to see most are: The Exterminating Angel, The Leopard and Benny's Video. Only watched two from Buunel, Los Olvidados which i loved and Belle De Jour which i quite liked. Need to see more Visconti and Italian Neorealism in general, only seen Ossessione from him. Have a very mixed opinion of Haneke so far but i know he can make great films and would like to finish his filmography as he's not made that many, watching Happy End soon will consider seeing Benny's Video along with it.

Glad i didn't join this, i know it'll be a lot of fun but 17 films for one of these is insane haha.