My 15 Favorite Movie Scenes (Unranked)

Tools    

Sometimes when I watch films, I find a memorable scene which has an enormous impact on me, and it lingers with me long after viewing it. These are my 15 favorite scenes of all time. It wasn't easy narrowing it down to 15, but I was able to do it.

Battleship Potemkin (1925)

Citizen Kane (1941)

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

Johnny Got His Gun (1971)

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)

Eraserhead (1977)

Stalker (1979)

Apocalypse Now (1979)

Blade Runner (1982)

Paris, Texas (1984)

Come and See (1985)

The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

Saving Private Ryan (1998)

Children of Men (2006)

The Tree of Life (2011)

Post your favorites down below.

This might just do nobody any good.
No particular order.

Opening - Children of Men (2006) - before we see anything, we hear and what we hear is the de-humanization of immigrants, acts of terror, hatred and fear spreading. Then the news moves into its main story. We can see now. We see what this world concerned with: a celebrity death.

Epilogue - The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007) - Jesse James dies only to live on forever. Bob Ford dies the moment he pulls the trigger, only to live on for a few more years and never again.

Could Have - Schindler's List (1994) - the moment Oskar Schindler sees the severity of the Holocaust. Inspite of the thousands around him he mourns for the millions of others he could not help. He becomes unrecognizable from the man we saw in the opening.

Shootout in the rain - Road to Perdition (2002)

Guns - Taxi Driver (1977) - I'll be honest, I'm not actually sure why I like this other than I'm fascinated by it. Easy Andy is quite the salesman, I suppose.