Orphan Black

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked

Come on, you guys!

The season 3 premiere was just fantastic. This actress is simply astounding; moving from character to character with deft precision and total passion. The subtleties she has added to each character as the show has developed are jaw-dropping. If you are a fan of sci-fi and haven't seen this show yet... well, I just don't know what to say!

The first two seasons were quite entertaining and the idea is interesting. However, I don't know if I'll have enough time to watch it
My mom told me the new season started with a really good episode.

Season 3 finale was so great... I loved the Sestra dinner, the eye, and was very sad when a certain someone got sixed...

Looking forward to next season!

Shots like this continue to pop up frequently:

Great care is taken with the cinematography, visual clues, and music. Once again I was swept up in a montage at the end of a finale that was perfectly put together, scored wonderfully, and packed an emotional punch. Maslany continues to knock it out of the park, with all her performances in in the finale just bowling me over. The aphasia suffering Rachel, with her little ticks and vocal struggles, a disarmed and vulnerable, but still cold as ice when needed Helena...not to mention Cosima with some more amazing work on screen with Evelyne Brochu's Delphine, always totally convincing and heart felt. Alison Hendricks, an early season favorite of mine, continues to surprise, and Maslany has her stilted speech and nervous posture down perfectly. Of course, Sarah ties it all together, with her streetwise British grifter action as she tries to stay one step ahead of the forces working against the sestras et al.

I must also mention how each and every supporting actor is just perfectly cast, and putting their all into their roles. Great stuff! Felix especially is consistently great.

The only chink in the armor is that the show got a bit too complex (read: convoluted) during the season. It never got too out of hand, and i will never wish for show runners to keep things dumbed down, but I must say I was glad to see them get rid of a couple of the extraneous factions that had emerged in the past 1.5 seasons. With 4-5 secret institutions in the picture, it was getting a little messy - glad they course corrected in preparation for the 4th season of this fantastic and unique show.

Just started the show. Ten episodes into season one. She's dynamite in the role, totally convincing in every part and the show is shot extremely well to hide the fact that it's her.

This show is so damn good...Maslany has brought the acting to another level - each character is incredibly well-played, each so distinct from the rest in so many ways. The work this actress is doing is just fantastic.