What do you think is the Scariest Movie Moment?

Tools    

So I watched this 5 hour deal on Bravo Yesturday that listed the top 100 SCARIEST MOVIE MOMENTS of all time.

The rankings were way differant then most scariest movie listing because it wasnt whats the scariest MOVIE it was what was the scariest movie moment. Some of the entries on the list surprised me, but I agree they geeked me out.

I even picked up a few titles I hadnt heard of before, and became a bit disappointed in a few titles I had previously like.
(I always LIKED Joyride. thought it great. Was very disappointed to see clips of this OLDER movie called Duel. Joyride wasnt as original as I thought it was.)

Now Im dying to see: Duel, Audition, The Black Cat, and Peeping Tom!

Anyhoo...
here's THEIR LIST.
I wonder though...
what do you guys think is the scariest movie moment you have ever seen?

100 28 Days Later
99 Creepshow
98 Zombie
97 Cat People
96 The Birds
95 Jurassic Park
94 Child's Play
93 Pacific Heights
92 Village of the Damned
91 Shallow Grave
90 Night of the Hunter
89 Alice Sweet Alice
88 Invasion of the Body Snatchers
87 Black Christmas
86 Wizard of Oz
85 Blood & Black Lace
84 Blue Velvet
83 The Others
82 Terminator
81 The Howling
80 Poltergeist
79 Dracula
78 The Brood
77 Signs
76 Evil Dead
75 Candyman
74 Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory
73 Blood Simple
72 Them!
71 The Sixth Sense
70 The Stepfather
69 Re-Animator
68 The Black Cat
67 Duel
66 The Tenant
65 Marathon Man
64 Near Dark
63 Deliverance
62 The Wolf Man
61 The Devil's Backbone
60 The Beyond
59 Fatal Attraction
58 Cujo
57 House of Wax
56 Single White Female
55 The Vanishing
54 The Changeling
53 Demons
52 The Phantom of the Opera
51 The Dead Zone
50 The Last House on the Left
49 Diabolique
48 The Thing
47 Nosferatu
46 The Sentinel
45 The Wicker Man
44 The Game
43 It's Alive!
42 An American Werewolf in London
41 The Hills Have Eyes
40 Black Sunday
39 Dawn of the Dead
38 Peeping Tom
37 House on Haunted Hill
36 Cape Fear
35 Aliens
34 The Hitcher
33 The Fly
32 Pet Sematary
31 Friday the 13th
30 Blair Witch Project
29 Serpent and the Rainbow
28 When a Stranger Calls
27 Frankenstein
26 Seven
25 Phantasm
24 Suspiria
23 Rosemary's Baby
22 Don't Look Now
21 Jacob's Ladder
20 The Ring
19 Hellraiser
18 The Haunting
17 A Nightmare on Elm Street
16 The Omen
15 Freaks
14 Halloween
13 Scream
12 Misery
11 Audition
10 Wait Until Dark
9 Night of the Living Dead
8 Carrie
7 Silence of the Lambs
6 Shining
5 Texas Chainsaw Massacre
4 Psycho
3 Exorcist
2 Alien
1 Jaws

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
I'm not sure if I quite understand....did they show certain scenes from each of the movies listed above? Is that what you mean by "scariest movie moment"?

anyway...off the top of my head, one of the scariest moments in a movie for me would have to be the scene in Stephen Kings It when Bev goes back to the house she grows up in and meets the old woman there who lives there now, who seems perfecly normal, but then all of a sudden her tea is blood...the old woman has rotten teeth, and then the whole woman just turns into this rotted looking corpse...its sort of hard to explain, but if you've seen the movie you know exacty what I'm talking about. that really gave me the creeps.

I noticed the movie When A Stranger Calls is on the list too, I bet the scene they showed was the scene at the end when she goes to wake up her husband, and he turns around and looks at her and its the killer. EEEE!

EDIT: oh yeah, theres a scene in Exorcist 3 (i think) that involes a person on the ceiling of a hospital....

Originally Posted by FiLm Fr3aK
74) Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory

Originally Posted by Lance McCool
yeah seriously. i can't think of anything that is scary in Willy Wonka...unlessd you just count maybe,...well, nothing!!!

When I was a kid, that movie scared the crap out of me...CHILDREN DON'T DIE!!!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
I'm not sure if I quite understand....did they show certain scenes from each of the movies listed above? Is that what you mean by "scariest movie moment"?

anyway...off the top of my head, one of the scariest moments in a movie for me would have to be the scene in Stephen Kings It when Bev goes back to the house she grows up in and meets the old woman there who lives there now, who seems perfecly normal, but then all of a sudden her tea is blood...the old woman has rotten teeth, and then the whole woman just turns into this rotted looking corpse...its sort of hard to explain, but if you've seen the movie you know exacty what I'm talking about. that really gave me the creeps.

I noticed the movie When A Stranger Calls is on the list too, I bet the scene they showed was the scene at the end when she goes to wake up her husband, and he turns around and looks at her and its the killer. EEEE!

EDIT: oh yeah, theres a scene in Exorcist 3 (i think) that involes a person on the ceiling of a hospital....

Yea,
they showed the MOMENT itself...
it was a pretty neat 5 hours.
LOL.

No the scene in When a Stranger Calls was when the phone rings, and she thinks its the prank caller, but it was the police and they told her the calls were coming form inside the house, and then when she went to the door to eave it was ocked and they shadow on the wall upstairs you could see the door open.... LOL...

Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
who died?
When I was little...I thought the kids were all dying...I didn't know. The kid getting sucked up in the chocolate, and the blueberry girl scared me. It's a really dark movie for small children...much like a Grimm fable.

No the scene in When a Stranger Calls was when the phone rings, and she thinks its the prank caller, but it was the police and they told her the calls were coming form inside the house, and then when she went to the door to eave it was ocked and they shadow on the wall upstairs you could see the door open.... LOL...
That is one of the greatest pay off moments in suspense history.

FOR ANYONE INTERESTED....

I think it comes on again tonight.. starting at 5....
hell it must be on now... otherwise their only showing 3 of the 5 episodes...

its on again in full on Tuesday.
http://www.bravotv.com/Schedule/sear...st&start=today

Movies don't really scare me.

Randomly visiting for now
Cool list Fr3ak. I personally thought the scene in The Ring when you see the little girl in the well crumble to nothing as she comes out of the water was a bit scary. The trouble with the TV part is as unbelievable as this might sound I guessed that she was going to come out of the TV as I was watching it so it was heaps less scary for me, it was like I knew it was supposed to be scary but I wasn't scared heh.

I'm not a big fan of horror movies in general but in Silence of the Lambs I got really freaked out when he made the girl who was in the empty well put on that lotion and she screamed as it started to burn her . Maybe that's more disturbing than scary

Originally Posted by SpoOkY
I'm not a big fan of horror movies in general but in Silence of the Lambs I got really freaked out when he made the girl who was in the empty well put on that lotion and she screamed as it started to burn her . Maybe that's more disturbing than scary

"It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again!"
lol...

I dont remeber it burning her...
he was making her stay lubed to keep her skin nice, fresh and all elastic-y to fit his body.. LOL

very freaky MOment though..
indeed....

yea this was really cool to watch on tv. especially at night by yourself. i personaly think Halloween should have been in the top 5. and the best should have been anything from the Shining.
and when they talked about Willie Wonka they talked about the scene when they are on the boat thing and they start going faster and faster with the creepy images flashing and Willie Wonka singing.

FOR ANYONE INTERESTED....

I think it comes on again tonight.. starting at 5....
hell it must be on now... otherwise their only showing 3 of the 5 episodes...

its on again in full on Tuesday.
http://www.bravotv.com/Schedule/sear...st&start=today
cool, I'll check my schedule for Tuesday and try to catch it. I'd enjoy it!

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
When I was little...I thought the kids were all dying...I didn't know. The kid getting sucked up in the chocolate, and the blueberry girl scared me. It's a really dark movie for small children...much like a Grimm fable.
oh, i see. i always just thought the fat kid that fell in the chocolate was going to be turned into a marshmellow or something. and as for the girl, i thought they just were going to pump the juice out of her. i guess i never thought they died.

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
the best should have been anything from the Shining.
yeah, the scene in The Shining...the bathroom scene...ech, that scared the ***** out of me. and the twins.

and when they talked about Willie Wonka they talked about the scene when they are on the boat thing and they start going faster and faster with the creepy images flashing and Willie Wonka singing.
i remember finding that sorta creepy when i was little, just because its such a change of pace from the rest of the movie. and willy wonka totally seemed to change into a different person. scary, man.

psycho
wait until dark
alien
jaws
the nutty professor (the jerry lewis version...scared the hell out me when i was 9 years old...wouldn't watch that one again until 40 years later)

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
When I was little...I thought the kids were all dying...I didn't know. The kid getting sucked up in the chocolate, and the blueberry girl scared me. It's a really dark movie for small children...much like a Grimm fable...
wait, so... they didn't die?

For me it's got to be in The Exorcist when it flashes that damned face. Even writing about it makes me worried I'm gonna' be afraid to turn the lights off. Also, when you see that man's junk in 28 Days Later. It would have been nice if there was a warning or something. It was just like, BAM!, for no reason. Scary.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
wait, so... they didn't die?
He keeps saying that they are being taken somewhere to be 'cured' or 'fixed'....maybe he meant the funeral pyre!