'Halloween 9' - Official Announcement Next Month!

Tools    

Actually 'COME ON ALREADY' MEANS STOP MAKING THEM!

thats how i used to think till i recently watched all the sequels over again and even though they arent good movies i cant see myself watching a movie with Micahel Myers and not being entertained. i just love to Halloween movies and i always will so i say keep cranking out the sequels until The Shape is is too old to kill.

And this is my BOOMstick!
exactly ^ no one expects them to be oscar winners, they're pure take-a-girl-to-see-it kind of movie. or you can just chilax at home on a cold night in your nice warm house watching one... ahhh memories....

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
thats how i used to think till i recently watched all the sequels over again and even though they arent good movies i cant see myself watching a movie with Micahel Myers and not being entertained. i just love to Halloween movies and i always will so i say keep cranking out the sequels until The Shape is is too old to kill.
thank you, you've found the words to explain what i've been trying to say for some time

Nice to see you back, Eyes.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
lol

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
back? was i gone??

I'm sure all of of you remember back in February when the Movie Blog reported there was to be a major announcement shortly? Well, of course that never happened.

Well, today a scooper on Creture Corner has brought attention some pretty upsetting news for all Halloween fans.
Halloween

This is what he had to say:

I did a draft about two years ago on this thing - and rudely, found myself removed from it about a month later. Anyway, I thought you guys might be interested that it doesn't really matter now...it's dead, according to my agent. Dimension have abandoned all plans for it apparently. The Weinstein's are going to start out at their new company doing lucrative projects (Inglorious Bastards, Madman, Scary Movie 4) - and anything with a "risk factor" is off the cards at this point. It didn't help that they couldn't come up with a reasonable storyline either. The most recent version had Jamie Lee Curtis's Laurie Strode returning as sort of a vision to Myers, whilst on his killing spree. I think we'll start seeing less sequels from the new Weinstein company and more original product.

This is only a rumor so it may or may not be true. Keep
your fingers crossed.

i know many people will disagree but i will be mad if they dont make it. not only because i love the series but because i dont want what is probably my favorite movie series to die with such a bad movie as Ressurection. i want it to have one more chance to have a good movie and finish on a high note. its just if they do make Halloween 9 and it is good they are gonna keep making sequels until a really horrible one is made.

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
i know many people will disagree but i will be mad if they dont make it. not only because i love the series but because i dont want what is probably my favorite movie series to die with such a bad movie as Ressurection. i want it to have one more chance to have a good movie and finish on a high note. its just if they do mzke Halloween 9 and it is good they are gonna keep making sequels until a really horrible one is made.
Amen

The fact is that fans don't really care if it's "good" or "bad", we just want to see michael back in action.

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
Very true, but it would still be nice to see them make one with some "originality"....

Man I was looking foward to another Halloween.

I don't think Halloween 9 is goin to be good but I'm still goin to go see it cause I like the Slasher Horror Movies.

Official Halloween Announcement Update:

Back in Feburary, The Mofo Movie Blog posted that Malek Akkad claimed there would would be an "Official Announcement" in Feburary of this year. Well, after being two months late.............it's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Halloween

The guys over at Creature Corner just happened to talk to Malek Akkad, from Trancas International Films, to find out when, and if, the next Halloween sequel will be arriving.

H9 is happening. We have been seriously delayed due to the recent split of Miramax/Disney. Hopefully, we will be able to make an announcement on our website, Halloweenmovies.com, shortly.

Yeah right after i saw the news on here I went to the official site and they had nothign of h9 being cancelled.

Halloween 8 sucked really bad, so I'm afraid of what they'll do for Halloween 9. I didn't even go see Halloween:Resurrection at the movies because I knew it was going to suck, so to me that's pretty bad - I'm the type that has to see the new entry in a horror franchise that I love the very first day it comes out, or I have a heart attack.

They should just do what should be done, even if it makes no sense to the series - just try hard to imitate the first Halloween, and make a little scary movie where it's Halloween in Haddonfield and Michael Myers has come back to kill. Not this complicated continuation of the series, like in Resurrection, where they have to explain that Laurie killed a cop in Michael's costume, cause Michael played switcheroo, she went to a mental hospital, Michael comes and kills her, and then to be neat, Michael heads back to Haddonfield but kills live on a internet show being webcammed inside his house. If Halloween 9 continues with the webcam business, I probably won't see it. I hope it's not referred to. I'd just enjoy going to the movies to see a simple, scary flick about Michael Myers killing like he usually does on Halloween.