Let's Make Money!

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
That thing ran up to $450 bucks this am. At that point, you could just hear the floor collapsing underneath it. Too funny. I didn't go anywhere near it, btw.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Gonna be an interesting day on Wall Street.

Trying to buy a few shares in GME myself to take part in the ride.

You ready? You look ready.
Tread carefully: you don't want to be the one caught catch the knife or left holding the bag. There is going to be a reckoning from this past week, and the vice grip of the rich will strangle the little guy even more. And you will have a bunch of semi-rich nerds on Reddit to thank for that.

$GME is frothy af. Be careful!
Exactly. If the SEC decides to halt all trading on it, even just to investigate a few people, there are going to be thousands of retail investors holding stock they can't sell. And then they will learn the hard way that the house always wins.

EDIT: I almost got caught in a stock because of a halt for an investigation once. Found out the stuff was bogus and took a restriction on trading by selling when I really couldn't sell and got the **** out.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/29/inves...ure/index.html
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Just got message on my app, Freetrade, that investing in US stock is suspended/restricted, unsurprising really.

I wasn't gonna go balls deep with my life savings but maybe 10 shares if I could have, but can't now, I imagine all the trading apps will be in a similar position.

It's just about double the price from yesterday, but that's from pre market buying i think.

Unreal that us Europeans have effectively been shut out of buying any US stock on low level trading apps today.

Here is an excellent interview/article about the possible ramifications of the $GME dally...I mean rally.

"The SEC is going to crack down in ways that make everyone unhappy about the state of the market. *Or, the SEC won’t crack down, [and] people will be really, really unhappy they lost their life savings."

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...ties-law-prof/

They going after silver now: I have zero faith in the market because of these asshats. They are fundamentally disconnected from all reality and are going to bring a world of hurt down on everyone. Plus, they ain’t hurting hedge funds but making them richer. These guys should really put the pipe down and go outside.

EDIT:

Robinhood reintroduces restrictions

The knife is falling! Somebody catch it.
I bought yesterday at $235, 6 shares for exactly Ł1000, only to watch it tumble all the way to $80 LMAO.....

BUT, it's rallying up to 137 now...............

Got a few AMC shares at around $9,

Even if it tanks ill be ok, but hopefully it will go up, if not now maybe down the line.

The rest of my portfolio is holding well though pandemic.

GME just on a slow decline, sad to see. I didn't put in more than i could afford to lose but it still stings!

I'm either going to zero or even!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I know this is getting old, but I can't be more serious when I type it. I keep falling for that danged monkey mix-up. I suppose it's a sign. I'm curious to get into this and lose some money now. Where do I start? Not stock suggestions, but tools to even access them. Top-level stuff is good enough. I'm sure I'll dote over details as time permits, but I am curious.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I know this is getting old, but I can't be more serious when I type it. I keep falling for that danged monkey mix-up. I suppose it's a sign. I'm curious to get into this and lose some money now. Where do I start? Not stock suggestions, but tools to even access them. Top-level stuff is good enough. I'm sure I'll dote over details as time permits, but I am curious.
Apps for your phone.

I've been looking at loads of stocks this week, amazing how many dipped during Covid in March and have now doubled or even more. Tesla's run from 2016 from $600 per share to like $3300 is amazing.

Wish I'd invested in big companies about March time last year.

@ynwtf: Well, it really depends what kinda trading you want to do. Do you want the training wheels option or the holy **** what have I gotten myself into option?

Here is a website with a list of some good options: https://www.nerdwallet.com/best/inve...nvestment-apps

I personally have a Robinhood account and a Charles Schwab account.

I prefer Schwab because a.) it's super easy to move my money between my brokerage account and checking account b.) they have no minimums and c.) they provide a crap load of data to you. Plus, it comes with a super powerful, and intimidating, desktop application called StreetSmart.

You have to open an investor checking account with them, but their checking account is phenomenal. No minimums, ATM rebates for all fees, and no foreign transaction fees.

I don't actively trade anything at the moment, and I'm not going anywhere near the market till the crazies settle down.

Robinhood is **** if you wanna actively trade, but it's good to get your feet wet and if you just want to buy and hold something for an extended period of time. But I am seriously considering closing it at the end of this year.

I wish I'd gotten into trading a couple of years ago, looks like I missed the opportunity of a lifetime with the market tanking last March due to Covid.

Loads of big companies have doubled or better in price since that period, Callaway Golf x 6, Amazon, Disney, Nike, McDonalds etc all doubling over the past 10 months. Who knew.

A system of cells interlinked
Took a spec play on $SOS two days ago at 3.95/share. Threw a few hundred at it. Looks like WSB put it on their Top 20 yesterday, so it's a runner! Currently up 62% on the day...