Halloween Reboot

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
This was a lot of fun, though I’m not sure this will be something I’ll itch to revisit. I just thought there were a couple more interesting angles for the resurgence narrative to take on and instead we got, maybe, the most linear possible. All that said, as far as seasonal viewing goes, one could do a lot worse. I liked the film’s gleeful attitude, there’s some great kills for those looking for that kind of thing and Laurie’s house is a top notch set-piece.

WARNING: spoilers below
I’m guessing the twist with Dr. Sartain was divisive but I was cackling the whole time.

Welcome to the human race...
Saw it earlier and wasn't impressed. i would say about a
, which puts it about on par with the original #2, #4, and H20 as far as my ranking goes.

there’s some great kills for those looking for that kind of thing
I'd say all I care about is decent kills and the non-explanation of Michael Myers....

I would just like to take this opportunity to point out that H20 was also supposed to be the "last" installment in this... whatever this franchise has become. That was 20 years ago... We're all getting older but they just keep making the same movies over and over.

It was fun listening to the music again but man, this movie was pretty bad. Was it not? I mean H20 wasn't very good but it was better than this.

I'd give it a

Welcome to the human race...
The comparison I keep coming back to is Jurassic World in how so much of each sequel's apparent reverence for their original is rooted in showing characters who have no reverence for what said original represents are made to realise it all over again - in Jurassic World, the park and dinosaurs have been around so long that people are starting to get bored with them and in Halloween Michael is just another serial killer who only killed five people forty years ago so he doesn't seem like a big deal in an age of true-crime podcasts and other much more prolific killers. Even

WARNING: "Halloween" spoilers below
Dr. Sartain deliberately rigging Michael's escape

comes across as being similar to the Jurassic World staff creating the Indominus Rex.