FAVORITE Stephen King Movie

Tools    

Which one do you think is the best?

'Salem's Lot and Stanley Kubrick's The Shining are the only really good ones in my opinion.

Stand by me has always been a fav of mine.

Green Mile was awesome... But Secret Window is one of my all time favorite movies and it stars the Pimp Johnny Depp... Gotta go w/ it.

Secret Window was too short. I forgot to mention Shawshank Redemption also one of my favorites

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Originally Posted by Garrett
'Salem's Lot and Stanley Kubrick's The Shining are the only really good ones in my opinion.
I agree on all accounts... Even if King didn't like Kubricks interpretation of the film..... I would also like to add "Stand by me" Cory Feldman's best role.

Start Angry...End Mad
i honestly can't really get into any of stephen kings movies...especially the shining..which is the one everyone praises.
i liked carrie the best i guess though

Hmm, I have to say The Shining... because it's one of my all time favorite movies. Also, "It" was highly enjoyable but for different reasons. It's wasn't the quality, it's just that clowns scare the crap out of me!

The Emperor of Ice Cream
The Shining was the best, although none of them live up to the novels.

I generally like all of SK's stuff, so Ill rate the ones Ive seen and am willing to rate in this order:

15) Golden Years
14) Thinner
13) Night Flier
12) Misery
11) The Langoliers
10) Hearts in Atlantis
9) Rose Red
8) The Green Mile
7) Dreamcather
6) The Dead Zone
5) The Shining
4) The Stand
3) It
2) The Shawshank Redemption
1) Storm of the Century

Originally Posted by Garrett
Really, I always thought you liked Shawshank, the Green Mile and Stand By Me along with those two.

Top 5 in order. . .
1.the Green Mile
2.Pet Semetary
3.the Shining
4.Stand By Me
5.Needful Things
And found he was eating his shoe.

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
Really, I always thought you liked Shawshank, the Green Mile and Stand By Me along with those two.

Top 5 in order. . .
1.the Green Mile
2.Pet Semetary
3.the Shining
4.Stand By Me
5.Needful Things
I've never seen Stand By Me or the Green Mile, and I never really thought of Shawshank though it is a good one.

The Shining - Stanley Kubrick's
Shawshank Redemption
Stand By Me
The Green Mile

And The Stand wasn't bad…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
Ack!! Too many!

But on the top of my list (also a few of my most loved movies of all time):
- The Stand
- The Dead Zone (I haven't seen the movie, but if it were anything like the book, it would most definitely kick butt)
- Misery
- The Langoliers
and The Green Mile (The only movie that I forked out an estimated S$26 to watch!)

"Never let a dog pick what you watch."

Originally Posted by Zzat
Green Mile, Secret Window, and The Shining