Stupidest thing you've ever done?

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Funny stupid stuff,

well there is THIS, THIS, THIS, or quiet possibly THIS

Well..the stupidest thing that I've done in my whole life is telling my feelings to someone..And imagine, I'm a girl.That was so embarrassing!

The People's Republic of Clogher
I walked into a lamp post once...

...and made it as far as the chippy before collapsing with an egg-sized bump on my head.

Not been myself. I used to hide who I was. That was stupid.

Oh and then there was that time when I chugged a 2 liter, I almost took a leak in my pants :?

Not this time.

If my memory serves me correctly I'd just taken the family dog to the vet for a routine operation. Ok, it was to get his knackers cut off....happy now??? (I doubt if the dog was)

To cut a dull story short, I'd parked outside the chippy and had stopped for a few seconds to look through the rear window of the car and check up on the pooch who, by now, was looking at me like I was a cross between Josef Mengele and Fred West.

I hadn't noticed that I'd parked beside a lamp post, which was situated about a foot away on my blind side. I turned round to stride off for the chip shop and ... BANG.

Like most people I guess I pretended that nothing had happened (and probably looked even more stupid) before finally succumbing in the chippy itself...

Even though he was now walking with a pronounced lisp, I bet the dog was smiling.

Once upon a time, my brother and I set off an army flair in the middle of the night in our neighborhood... and.... hmmm... no, never mind....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Gotten my girlfriend pregnant. Not that I don't want the baby, nor that I didn't want her to get her pregnant.....it's the recent (and terryfying) news that makes me reconsider.

After spending most of my youth resisting any attempt to impose authority on me, I then enlisted for 3 years in the US Army in 1961. But I learned in basic training to stand on my own two feet without expecting any help from anyone, and I got to go to college later when they passed a new GI Bill that helped with college and home loans, so that turned out to be a smart move after all. I've been married, divorced, and in and out of affairs so often that practically every week marks an anniversary of some sort or the other. But my first two marriages gave me three wonderful children who have since produced wonderful grandchildren, and I'm now married to a wonderful woman who knows all my faults and loves me anyway. More important, I've learned that for most of my life, I've had wrong expectations of love and marriage because I was hooked on infatuation, where you can't wait to see that lover again or hear her voice or touch her hair. But no one can maintain that high intensity relationship for ever. And when that initial passion cooled, I used to think, "It's all over." But I've finally learned that there's more than that to love and marriage and that real romance doens't have to turn stale. So even that has turned out good for me.
Which leaves me with only one mundane business goof--I once showed up a week early to cover a business conference in San Francisco--just got the date mixed up in my mind and bought the tickets for the wrong date. Try taking a long flight back to Houston thinking how the hell you're going to explain that when you go back to the office the next day.

Once upon a time, my brother and I set off an army flair in the middle of the night in our neighborhood... and.... hmmm... no, never mind....

You arrested yourself?

rufnek - Family legend has it that my grandfather and his brother boarded the last boat back (East) across the Atlantic before Pearl Harbour. If they'd missed it they would most likely have been conscripted.

I sometimes wonder what the gene pool would have had in store for me if his life had taken that particular course. I might have had a father with a full head of hair, for starters.

Remember when you're parents used to say "Be careful with those fire works, you'll blow you're damn fingers off!" Yeah, well I almost did. I tried to blow up my mailbox one night with an M-80. Frigging brilliant I tell ya. I was so drunk I could barely get the thing lit and into the box. And I certainly didn't have any business trying to turn the key that locks the box. Well a big Ka-Boom! later and I just missed blowing my hand off but it sure as hell was numb and bruised for about 3 weeks. Ah Goodtimes, goodtimes... It's a miracle I'm here today, I did some really crazy sh*t from 17 to 18 years old.

Dropped my car keys down the grid on a busy road after dropping off kids at minders. Had to get someone to break into my shed at home, get a magnet out of there bring it to me then spend ages scraping years of dirt from around the grid cover and jemmying it up with a screwdriver , then fishing for the keys in feet of filthy water with the magnet on the end of a rope.

Was a success, tho got into work a bit grubby

You arrested yourself?
Worse.... my Dad caught us....

Remember when you're parents used to say "Be careful with those fire works, you'll blow you're damn fingers off!" Yeah, well I almost did. I tried to blow up my mailbox one night with an M-80. Frigging brilliant I tell ya. I was so drunk I could barely get the thing lit and into the box. And I certainly didn't have any business trying to turn the key that locks the box. Well a big Ka-Boom! later and I just missed blowing my hand off but it sure as hell was numb and bruised for about 3 weeks. Ah Goodtimes, goodtimes... It's a miracle I'm here today, I did some really crazy sh*t from 17 to 18 years old.

There's a reason M-80's are illegal...

I think I mentioned this in another thread awhile back, but one of the dumbest things (if I had to pick one) I've ever done was probably locking myself out of my car with the keys inside...and the car still running...in a parking garage...while I was late to pick someone up.

Goodtimes.

I quit a job one time many years ago. I had been about to quit anyway, but the new boss was just a jerk and was proud of it. He said something to me that set me off and I ripped my uniform shirt off and threw my work keys on the floor with it, I said I QUIT!! and stormed outside. Well it was in the low teens (Chicago) and I had no shirt, to make matters worse my car keys were on the same ring as my work keys. No way was I going back in, I went into the McDonalds next door and asked to use their phone to get s shirt and spare keys brought to me. (I knew the manager there thank god).

I quit a job one time many years ago. I had been about to quit anyway, but the new boss was just a jerk and was proud of it. He said something to me that set me off and I ripped my uniform shirt off and threw my work keys on the floor with it, I said I QUIT!! and stormed outside. Well it was in the low teens (Chicago) and I had no shirt, to make matters worse my car keys were on the same ring as my work keys. No way was I going back in, I went into the McDonalds next door and asked to use their phone to get s shirt and spare keys brought to me. (I knew the manager there thank god).
That's like the ultimate BACKFIRE

That is awesome 7thson.