FAVORITE Stephen King Movie

Tools    

Yeah I wondered if Stephen King had anything to do with THE DIARY OF ELLEN RIMBAUER, which I didn't think was that great anyway.

I'm a huge Stephen King fan, these are my faves:

Kubrick's The Shining - My all-time fave. Just a perfect film IMO.

King's The Shining miniseries - Also didn't think it was too bad.

IT - Awesome. Tim Curry rocks!

Rose Red - Love the house, so twisted!

Carrie - Excellent performance by Sissy Spacek

The Stand - I like the first half of it.

Children of the Corn - I like all of them.

Misery - Gotta love Kathy Bates

Dolores Claiborne - Another great performance by Kathy Bates.

My favorite Stephen King movie would probably have to be either The Shining, Secret Window, or It.

Guardian of Red Swingline Stapler
I like them all, but Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile, and the Dead Zone are probably my favorites.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Shawshank Redemption,

I really liked the Green Mile and Shawshank. Stand By Me was great too. Hell of a short story collection (Different Seasons) with Shawshank, Stand my Me, and Apt Pupil in them.

I also really got into The Stand and Storm of the Century.

I thought DreamCatcher was disappointing - both the book and the movie.

http://truemoviereview.com/top-10s/t...is-summer-2008

The Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
The Shining
IT
Misery
Children of the Corn
Carrie

As a film student its sometimes embarassing for me that I could never enjoy Kubrick's vision for the Shining. I read the book at a very young age and when I finally saw the movie it wasn't much like the book and it made me angry. Now I appreciate what Kubrick did but I can never enjoy the plot anymore because of that.

But my Favriotes are probably Shawshank Redemption, Stand by Me and The Mist Which suprised me how good it was.

I avoid Stephen Kind movie like the plague. They just don't do it for me...
Which ones have you seen?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I saw a bit of the shining. I'm not a horror buff, or anything so that might be part of it. I saw a bit of the mist when I snuck in with some friends (I hate breaking the law T.T) and thats about it. Generally I don't like horror movies made from books since they have a tendency to be bad. Evil Dead is really the only horror type movie for me.

Which version of The Shining did you see? I'm not a big horror buff either but I like Kubrick's The Shining (didn't care for the one King did for TV though). You should really check out Stand By Me and Misery though... they're not horror...

Brutally honest movie reviews
hello..... stand by me

The good
Stand By Me
The Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
The Shining
Misery
The Dead Zone
The Bad
Lawnmower Man
The Langoliers
The Night Flyer
DreamCatcher
The Tommyknockers
The Ugly
Sleepwalkers
The Running Man
Creepshow

The good
Stand By Me
The Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
The Shining
Misery
The Dead Zone
The Bad
Lawnmower Man
The Langoliers
The Night Flyer
DreamCatcher
The Tommyknockers
The Ugly
Sleepwalkers
The Running Man
Creepshow

Hi Rev!!!!

Nice to see you finally decided to come home...

Oh, and in keeping with the topic... have you seen Secret Window? And if so, would you rank it good, bad, or ugly? I have the DVD but haven't watched it yet....

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
The Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
The Shining
IT
Misery
Children of the Corn
Carrie
all of these are my faves execpt IT..still gives me the creeps!!! but i also love stand by me as well!!

Hi Rev!!!!

Nice to see you finally decided to come home...

Oh, and in keeping with the topic... have you seen Secret Window? And if so, would you rank it good, bad, or ugly? I have the DVD but haven't watched it yet....
HELLO!
I was feeling home sick.

Yeah I have seen Secret Window and for me it would have to fit into a forth category. The So-so one. I watched it not all that long ago and already I can barely remember it.
It wasn't bad per se but is one I am not likely to come back to.

My life isn't written very well.
REV! Yeah!
Now, The Night Flyer wasn't all that bad, Really.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Even though I personally loved it, it technically is not a Stephen King movie.

By taking his short story The Lawnmower Man' (taken from his #1 bestseller Nightshift) and altering it completely with the burning of a priest and sex/violence in cyberspace, causing major repurcussions.

New Line's The Lawnmower Man had to be overhauled following a federal court ruling in New York that prohibed the movie's producer and distributor from using author Stephen King's name in association with the film. King's name was removed on all posters and advertising materials.

It, The Shining, Carrie and Children of the Corn..I'm little bit confuse if Children of the Corn is Stephen King's creation.

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
Shawshank and Kubrick's The Shining stand out for me...

The Mist impressed me as well, but I don't think it was as good as the other 2 mentioned. I would include a number of others in this group as well i guess; Carrie, Misery, The Green Mile, The Dead Zone... aww hell... I keep thinking of more I'd put in the really good, but not quite great, category, but since this was supposed to be about favorites, I guess I'll leave it at that...