Is It Possible?

Tools    

Is it possible to love someone you've never met in person?
62.96%
17 votes
Yes
7.41%
2 votes
No
29.63%
8 votes
I'm not sure, maybe
27 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I am not sure as my only experience of a long distance relationship didn't work out when we both lived in the same place.
My Story
I met a guy 3 weeks before i moved interstate: we corresponded and talked on the phone for over 6mths, it was a great romance but when we were back in the same town there were many influences that made us realise that our romance was just a fantasy
Still, i think you should go for it

I just know they're coming to kill me.
I never said I was going to share them.
Can you at least post a picture of what she looks like from her Facebook account?

I never said I was going to share them.
I took that the wrong way, to start. I thought you meant that you never told "her" you were going to share them. I get you now. Very good. Carry on!

I do think that there is a big difference between knowing someone and meeting someone. As long as you both are not hiding anything that may be important to each other (and you should share what is important to you and visa-versa), then you have hurdled the biggest obstacle that impedes amost successful relationships. Most definitely you can fall in love with someone before “physically” meeting them, the question is: is it possible to continue to love someone after meeting them in person? It is a different world we live in since the dawning of the internet and online communities and the ability to share across the miles in ways never thought of before the “highway” came along. My advice: go with your heart always, you may be wrong, you may be right, but you at least put yourself in the game. Good luck.

You ready? You look ready.
Can you at least post a picture of what she looks like from her Facebook account?
This is off her MySpace and it's her best picture. I love it.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

...in love with one of my best friends that lives a couple hours...
It must be hard to love someone who only lives a couple of hours. .

I personally believe it is very possible to be interested or even enthralled by someone you've never met but as far as that threshold of love I personally dont think is possible. That to me is a boundry you can only truely cross from actually meeting someone in person because you cant completely know anyone until you do.

That special feeling of butterflies mixed with the feeling of eating way too much chocolate comes from when your in the presense of your love. You can get a mild taste of that feeling from online/distant contact but nothing beats the pure hit of that feeling then when they are right next to you...

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I have no knowledge of your past experiences with women, but if that sweetheart paid me attention in any way, shape, or form, and I was younger and unattached, I'd try to get closer to her. I'd definitely be very natural though. If you are having a wonderful conversation, that's cool, but just remember that you don't have to push things if it's silent for a while. Silence is also part of a healthy relationship. It allows both people to feel.

No wonder you love her..She's pretty.Hope that your future relationship with her stays longer and stronger.

it IS possible to love her, but NOT possible to be her best friend. haha im jsut joking. ya its very possible to love her. If she is able to communicate her emotions and feelings to you and you are able to undertand and feel them truly..than of course it is. Make your move. text her a big boner ahaha

Er, bad news just came in. She sorted through her feelings and doesn't feel the same way. Maybe I'm wrong, too. I don't know any more. I guess, I just want someone to care about me.

Certifiably troglodytic.
Er, bad news just came in. She sorted through her feelings and doesn't feel the same way. Maybe I'm wrong, too. I don't know any more. I guess, I just want someone to care about me.
Dang, Matt....sorry to hear that. In spite of how blecchy it feels, at least you know now. Press on and hang in there. There will come a day when that someone will present herself to you somehow as that one for which you long.

That's not fair! I mean... before the officia meeting. Is that still on?
Nope. Even if she still wanted to meet I definitely don't think that's a good idea for me.

hey John, don't worry about it, it's better to have tried than to have wondered forever. You did great.

My life isn't written very well.
So John, in lieu of all the events that have happened regarding the question presented in this thread; what is YOUR answer to it?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?