Song Tournament 31

Tools    

Oh, and I really don't like metal. Yet I've apparently joined a tournament populated by several metalheads. Yay me.
Yeah, but even the metalheads torture each other.

I knew you'd hate the metal but it was only one song from my list that's metal. French metal, which probably doesn't even count.

There's a reason I've only played my all time fav artist once in all the tournaments I've done - it's too weird for most people, so I know I'm running a nomination right into the wall by using their stuff. I'm not really here to torture people, ok, maybe a little , sometimes hopefully make them laugh with a song even if I know it's going to hit the wall immediately.
I don't think I've ever done a song tournament where I didn't nominate at least one Petty song. Actually, there was one tournament where I nominated ONLY Tom Petty songs (16 of them, IIRC). I bet Sedai would've loved that!

I don't think I've ever done a song tournament where I didn't nominate at least one Petty song. Actually, there was one tournament where I nominated ONLY Tom Petty songs (16 of them, IIRC). I bet Sedai would've loved that!
Ah then youy know Tom Petty doesn't do well inthe tournaments (or were people more friendly to his work playing then?)...it reminds me of DerekVinyard and his one trounament entry of only Linkin Park nominations.

Yeah, I try not to **** on peoples' noms as it's all stuff they like so I try to be nice about the stuff I really recoil to.

Ah then youy know Tom Petty doesn't do well inthe tournaments (or were people more friendly to his work playing then?)...it reminds me of DerekVinyard and his one trounament entry of only Linkin Park nominations.

Yeah, I try not to **** on peoples' noms as it's all stuff they like so I try to be nice about the stuff I really recoil to.
Yeah, he doesn't do well. But he does sometimes at least make it past round one.

Still, it would feel wrong to me to not nominate him. Lindsey Buckingham too. I always try to fit him in there somehow. He really doesn't do well either, but **** it. I love him.

A system of cells interlinked
No worries, Seds. There are plenty of artists that I absolutely can't stand that others really love. Oasis comes to mind as one. If I never hear them again, it'll be too soon. Their voices damn near cause me physical pain.

Oh, and I really don't like metal. Yet I've apparently joined a tournament populated by several metalheads. Yay me.
I totally understand folks that can't stand metal, too. It's one of those love it or hate it genres, for sure. My wife and I listen to some pretty savage metal, and it drives many of our friends and family nuts. Then again, we have also converted several people over to listening to death metal (one person who is a former reggae & pop listener), so...muahahahah!

Yeah, he doesn't do well. But he does sometimes at least make it past round one.

Still, it would feel wrong to me to not nominate him. Lindsey Buckingham too. I always try to fit him in there somehow. He really doesn't do well either, but **** it. I love him.
That's how the metalheads feel about the metal. We know people are going to hate it but we love it so we nominate just the one. Unless you're pakaK or Sedai.

Round 1 Day 2

Nicole Atkins - A Little Crazy vs The Folksmen - Start Me Up
I hadn't heard either before, and while I did smile at the second one (I like it if bands are going to do cover versions, that they do it in their own style), the first was quite lovely and I couldn't resist it.

Amorphis - I of Crimson Blood) vs Hacride - Perturbed
Sedai's going to temp ban me, but I did confess to not really being a fan of Amorphis. This wasn't a bad track though. I just like the tech brutality of Perturbed. It's quite intense. I'm attracted to intense music, movies, people, animals...

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off vs Moloko - Forever More
Easy vote for me, really not a Taylor Swift type. Róisín Murphy, however...I'd kiss her.

Planet of Zeus - Them Nights vs Coheed & Cambria - The Afterman
The first was pretty good, and I've never been a Coheed & Cambria fan.

Chic - I Want Your Love vs Maroon 5 (ft. Cardi B) - Girls Like You
Maroon 5...

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

Suspect's Reviews

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Now mojofilter goes on the list of suspected TUS alts.

Day 2
SURVIVORS

Nicole Atkins - A Little Crazy
Amorphis - I of Crimson Blood
Moloko - Forever More
Planet of Zeus - Them Nights
Chic - I Want Your Love

ROUND 1 DAY 3

Quincy Jones - Razzamatazz vs José González - Slow Moves
This is catchy, I like it. The other one is too slow. I like slow songs, but usually I need to have some connection to the artist first. This doesn't work for me as an introduction to Gonzalez.

J.S. Ondara - Lebanon vs Waylon Jennings - Clyde
I really liked the Waylon song and probably would have voted for it against any of the other songs in this set. But I am in love with Ondara's voice. I saw him in concert last month when he opened for Lindsey Buckingham. Instant fan.

Fleetwood Mac - The Chain vs Lazy Eye - Silversun Pickups
I was hoping to like the other song because I don't want to vote for Fleetwood Mac. I really, really don't. I'm so angry with them. But I didn't like the other song (ugh that voice) and the combination of Buckingham's vocals and guitar and John McVie's killer bass line won't let me give the other even a protest vote.

Kennelklubben - Höghusmiljonär vs Elton John - I Want Love
In order for me to enjoy a song that isn't in English, there has to be something that really stands out about the music and I found this very forgettable. "I Want Love" isn't on my list of favorite Elton songs, but I do like it.

Gin Wigmore - Hey Ho vs Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
I am by no means a Metallica fan, but I hated Wigmore's voice.

A system of cells interlinked
Quincy Jones - Razzamatazz vs José González - Slow Moves - Bad luck for Jose,who ends up against Mr. Jones.

J.S. Ondara - Lebanon vs Waylon Jennings - Clyde I liked both of these songs, believe it or not. As much a tend to not like country, Waylon is just too cool to not vote for. Tough choice, really.

Fleetwood Mac - The Chain vs Lazy Eye - Silversun Pickups - Love Fleetwood Mac! Even though Stevie's vibrato is annoying sometimes, the band's writing on this one is just too good to ignore. This is a classic track.

Kennelklubben - Höghusmiljonär vs Elton John - I Want Love - Dammit! I listened to the Kennelklubben track again. Now it is stuck in my head, and may be there for days. One of the catchiest songs I have heard in a long time. Not a big Elton fan, although he is clearly talented, and I do like some of his music.

Gin Wigmore - Hey Ho vs Metallica - Nothing Else Matters - Sick of that Metallica track. Voting for the slick song sung by the blonde with a giant gun. I really dig it quite a bit, actually.

Round 1 Day 3

Quincy Jones - Razzamatazz vs José González - Slow Moves
Love that Quincy Jones song. Patti Autin omg. José's introspective style gets a bit crushed in the match-up.

J.S. Ondara - Lebanon vs Waylon Jennings - Clyde
I have a bit of a hard time with country, but that Waylon Jennings song wasn't bad! I just preferred the first one.

Fleetwood Mac - The Chain vs Lazy Eye - Silversun Pickups
Quite tough. I think that's probably Fleetwood Mac's best song. Also liked the indie vibe with the second.

Kennelklubben - Höghusmiljonär vs Elton John - I Want Love
Haha, wasn't expecting that! Reminded me of Kent.

Gin Wigmore - Hey Ho vs Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
Not a Metallica fan, but their early years are their best. I've heard that song too many times, though and Gin Wigmore was new...she sounds a bit like Duffy.