What are you doing at this very moment?

Tools    

That's good to hear, HG. I think the key to giving up is to really want to. Not just decide to. I tried to quit a few times before, but it wasn't until I did that I realised that the previous times, although I'd wanted to quit, I'd always found an excuse to start again. Just having one on a night out, taking a puff here and there from other people, being given cigarettes, for me they were all excuses for me to smoke. I know some people who can do that and not smoke at any other time, but I can't do that. I'm either smoke free or I'm smoking. There are still times that I want a cigarette, but it passes quickly.

I also found thinking of myself as someone who's stopped smoking, rather than someone who quit, helped me. I don't know why. Just did. As did visualizing putting the money into the clammy, pudgy hands of our former Chancellor. Back then cigarettes were just over Can$8 a packet (they're over Can$11 now) and the vast majority (77%) of that is tax. I hate that man, so the thought of giving him any money to waste was a good reason not to smoke.

I don't trust anyone who can't smile properly.

Which is why I wouldn't trust this woman, either.

I just woke up and today will be my first day as a non smoker Hopefully all goes well.
Good luck sweetie tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my friends death she was only 42 and died of lung cancer

Is white trash beautiful
Thanks Nebbit,I tried but its didn't quite work out but I am gonna give it another go real soon.I'm sorry to hear about your friend.Quitting smoking is hard when your partner smokes,me and Plainview need to be on the same page and then I know be able to do it. I just have to be ready.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Nebs. It's always horrible when somebody dies that young.

Holly, cliched as it sounds, you've got to believe in yourself. HK hit the nail on the head when he said that in order to quit you've got to want to do it. I will admit that it's a lot easier for me say since i've always been a non-smoker, but I have an addictive personality so there are other things i've had a hard time giving up. It's difficult but you can do it if you really want to. Good luck with it.

Is white trash beautiful
Sorry to hear about your friend, Nebs. It's always horrible when somebody dies that young.

Holly, cliched as it sounds, you've got to believe in yourself. HK hit the nail on the head when he said that in order to quit you've got to want to do it. I will admit that it's a lot easier for me say since i've always been a non-smoker, but I have an addictive personality so there are other things i've had a hard time giving up. It's difficult but you can do it if you really want to. Good luck with it.
Thanks,ya I know I can do it and I just really have to be ready.Im gonna pick a date and stick with it.I really want to be smoke free for the sake of my health and my kids and my bank account,So hopefully Ill be smoke free next week Thanks for the support.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I knew a gal who was asked if she smoked after sex, and she said she never looked.

(sorry, my only smoking joke.... good luck and stay with it!)

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Recovering after a night and day in hospital, hoping like hell they will hold my new job for me whilst I'm unable to work it...you're not helping my high blood pressure, peoples!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Recovering after a night and day in hospital, hoping like hell they will hold my new job for me whilst I'm unable to work it...you're not helping my high blood pressure, peoples!
Aww poor little Monkeyboy get better soon

The People's Republic of Clogher
Just entered day 3 of not smoking!

It's actually been easier than I expected - I've had a couple or three but I'm usually a pack-a-day bloke so that's ok. Going out has been fine what with the smoking ban in bars and restaurants, and that's what killed me in the past when trying to kick the habit.

I'll never be an ex-smoker, just a recovering one.

Chilling watching tv. Off work tomorrow as its a bank holiday. Need to do some work though.

About to go down to my local super store, To pick up a bite to eat and perhaps invest in a new DVD

There are those who call me...Tim.
What are you doing at this very moment?

Going to see a friend in an hour or so.
Reminds me of a phrase me and my fellow Welsh people often use;

I'll be there now in a minute!

I'm waiting for the rain to stop in London so Andy Murray and Tsonga can play the Queen's Club final