Game of Thrones Season 7

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
It just seems so... not Tyrion. For him to come out and pledge his love for Dany seems like a step backwards and it would just complicate things unnecessarily. The waters are as muddy as can be, his relationship to Dany will develop with him having to clear his name from Cersei's double cross.

As I said, he's just weary. He's seen this story go down before. S**t, the show went out of its way to remind us that this very story (tragic lovers) led to seven seasons of misery.

Tyrion's look is meant to be ours in that moment.

To be clear, I don't think it's love so much in the romantic sense, but in an idealist hope of something that he's never witnessed. Surely we have all been in a relationship, crush or casual, where we project what we hope onto the other rather than what the other actually is?

Granted, I am now projecting character flaws onto Tyrion, but I can see a character such as his as having given up, living a very cynical life style of the moment to hide from life long disappointments. Now, if he has begun to place some idealist hope onto Dany (wanting to break the wheel, as they say) then how could he not at the very least find affection for her? As Jorah (did I spell that right??) also has for her. From a writing perspective, that would be an interesting dynamic for me to watch develop where Tyrion isn't so much in love with her as it could just be misguided devotion that devolves into a confused frustration, eventually becoming rage.

The guy is an alcoholic! He hides in his drink and hasn't been drinking (assuming) for some time. Emotions surface without drowning them. I can see a personality like that attaching to another and being confused by the resulting emotions.

Again, it's not romantic love. It could just be a trigger point where all his past issues are compounded and he begins to resent her, blaming her when really it's his own fault for being so idealistic and principled, holding her to some unrealistic expectation of his. Like Ben to Anakin, "You were my brother, Annie!!" (lol?) Hope, love, projected expectations, and disappointment: those themes are hit on throughout this season in talks with Varys, and I find it an interesting possibility that could happen, should the writers wish to explore it.

I would love to see it. Probably won't happen.

le meow.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Bit of a shame Jaime didn't rumble her. Would have sent cersei into a rage.

wait wait wait. rumble who? Brienne?? lol right there in the middle of the dragon pit!

As much as I love this show, I felt that season 7 felt way too rushed and imo we didn't get enough time with the characters. Whilst I found the writing to be poor and the overall season being rather disappointing I did really enjoy the season finale. My interest has certainly picked back up but it's going to be pure hell waiting possibly two years for the final season (or half season).

2 years? Your math is out. Late 18 or Jan 19, and they are all goingcto be feature length.

I had heard it could be as late as Summer 2019 but from what you said that's not quite as bad, although still a hell of a wait.

This might just do nobody any good.
They got to at least consider a winter realese, no?

The only time I saw a showrunner mention 2 years was Nolan for WW, and no biggy. Movie Sequels take as long. Put your patience pants on while riding a rollercoaster you want to marry.

Put your patience pants on while riding a rollercoaster you want to marry.
... yeah?

The only time I saw a showrunner mention 2 years was Nolan for WW, and no biggy. Movie Sequels take as long. Put your patience pants on while riding a rollercoaster you want to marry.
I'd rather they take their time with it than rush it but it's still gonna be a tough wait lol. And my thoughts about rollercoasters are actually pretty common

And my thoughts about rollercoasters are actually pretty common
You need to email this woman

Sooooo back to Game of Thrones. Incest seems safer.

Wow. She gets it 100%. Made me tear up a little tbh. Thanks so much for sharing.

Lmao there is no way there are romantic feelings from Tyrion, that is a silly theory.

Apparently the Bran actor has said the theory of him being Night King could be a possibility, that would be like the lamest plot twist ever.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I'm pretty dissapointed at the whole direction of the show since season 5. There were two good episode this season, I believe they were ep 3 and 4. I didn't enjoy the finale, I didn't hate it but it was pretty much a hour long trailer for the season finale, leaving us on a cliff hanger. My partner also felt the same way and said they usually leave us with an epic battle but...we've had those, multiple epic battles, and thats what it seems to be now, the show. Epic battles and spectacule over clever plot points, dialogue, world law, political manoverings and character depth. I really think they could have wrapped it all up this season, it could be done. Probably why they only had 7 episodes. Like butter spread over too much toast. LOTR quote

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Lmao there is no way there are romantic feelings from Tyrion, that is a silly theory.

Apparently the Bran actor has said the theory of him being Night King could be a possibility, that would be like the lamest plot twist ever.
Although it would be kind of epic, and that sort of stuff may go down in the books we have literally seen the creation of the NK in the show, it was thousands of years ago and it wasn't Bran. Unless of course he wargs/time travels in there but I mean cmon.

I explicitly typed not romantic. A few times. Tyrion is a complex personality. I'm just reading the psychology and patterns the writers have created.

As to actual romantic love, he has fallen in love now with two different whores. He seems pretty eager to project his hopes onto other people quite easily, and being devastated in the end for it. The pattern has already played out at least twice, three if you count his father.

Look at the arc with Shae, his whore lover. He was already aware of the consequences at risk in loving another whore (the first being his the encounter his brother set up when he was young), yet he still fell into the same emotional trap. He put enough faith into her to actually believe in love, then was betrayed when he found her in his father's bed. He has shown a history of emotional naivety, and continually sets himself up for failure for it, which I think a decent writer could exploit and allude to with his dynamic with Dany, as a core flaw in his character.

When he finally had to face the reality of his love affair---recognizing that he had not fallen in love with an honorable, principled woman who meant the words she spoke to him but instead was simply infatuated by a whore that would do anything for money---he lost his s*** and killed her. You can overlay a similar arc over his relationship with his father. Even knowing how ruthless he was, and how little he respected Tyrion, he would always give his father an idealistic and hopeful benefit of the doubt in spite of everything being done to him. He killed his father for that one too. Oh. Spoiler? "Yeah, but he killed him because he sentenced him to death!" sure; but that did not happen in a vacuum. There was historical context to that action, which is my point in all of this

He has an established psychology that the writers could use, but Tyrion is a character on paper and not an actual person who predictably follows established life patterns. Because of that, he could be a Faceless Man playing games with everyone for all I know, because writers will do whatever regardless of the histories and rules already established. I just find it interesting. Clearly I mean that for myself.

Just to reiterate: not romantic love but idealistic infatuation. Maybe. Also not a theory. Just human nature.

Although it would be kind of epic, and that sort of stuff may go down in the books we have literally seen the creation of the NK in the show, it was thousands of years ago and it wasn't Bran. Unless of course he wargs/time travels in there but I mean cmon.

As to the TimeWarg thing, that's floating around. =\ Hell. Lost did it. Maybe that was the initial inspiration for GRR!!! lol.

Let's do the time warg, again!!!!

I'm pretty dissapointed at the whole direction of the show since season 5. There were two good episode this season, I believe they were ep 3 and 4. I didn't enjoy the finale, I didn't hate it but it was pretty much a hour long trailer for the season finale, leaving us on a cliff hanger. My partner also felt the same way and said they usually leave us with an epic battle but...we've had those, multiple epic battles, and thats what it seems to be now, the show. Epic battles and spectacule over clever plot points, dialogue, world law, political manoverings and character depth. I really think they could have wrapped it all up this season, it could be done. Probably why they only had 7 episodes. Like butter spread over too much toast. LOTR quote
I didnt notice it was only 7 episodes, and the finale was a double epiosde anyway. And they did leave us with an epic battle, most of it happening in the penultimte where the grunt always happens. Sorry you were disappointed, though.

Yeah, that would suck badly but I do think we're getting another example of Bran's intruding in the past.

It'll be something we've already seen, like Hodor (*cries*).

I'll also be pretty disappointed if we don't see Bran warg from soldier to soldier in the Great War. Maybe even one of the dragons.