Arrival (2016)

Tools    

116 min | Sci-Fi

Release Date: 11 November 2016

Taking place after alien crafts land around the world, an expert linguist is recruited by the military to determine whether they come in peace or are a threat.

Director: Denis Villeneuve
Writer: Eric Heisserer
Starring: Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, Forest Whitaker, Michael Stuhlbarg

Trailer #1:

Looks great, but am down for whatever Villeneuve is working on anyway.

this looks great!
im not sold on the cat though...idk why because amy is a great actress but i dont care for her, Forest is a hit or miss-hes been in alot of crap but alot decent movies aswell,Renner...meh
but im still excited for this

I'd also watch whatever Villeneuve does. He could Direct himself taking his socks off and it would be gripping. But I just hope that he hasn't let ambition get the better of himself in this one. He's never put a foot wrong so far in my opinion but this looks awfully close to "Contact", "war of the worlds" etc. Lets hope it's not as derivative as Midnight Special was. Because Villeneuve is a Godlike Genius as we all know.

Oooh kind of a big budget The Arrival Of Wang - I'll be down for that

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Cant believe no one is talking about this yet on the forum. It's the best film I've seen in a long time. Dennis Villeneuve is fast becoming the best Director out there. In many ways Arrival is similar to Interstellar/Contact but is a much smaller personal tale with some of the best twists and turns I can remember. Astonishing.

10/10-Its been years since I've walked out a cinema and gone WOW!

Welcome to the human race...
I would've got my review done earlier, but I kept getting caught up in arguments on here.

A system of cells interlinked
Saw this Saturday night. Fantastic stuff. After seeing this, I have hope for the Blade Runner sequel, as this director is clearly at the top of his game.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Can't stop thinking about this one. The most moving experience I've ever had at the cinema. Those final moments, beautifully juxtaposing the interwoven fabric of past, present and future, brought me to tears. I was reminded of how Tarkovsky's Mirror ended.

A masterful piece of science-fiction, a masterful piece of filmmaking.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Villeneuve represent!
He's the real deal. He improves with each subsequent film. I honestly can't think of a more suitable director in Hollywood right now to tackle the Blade Runner sequel.

In many ways, as a filmmaker, I would agree that he has improved with each film. Enemy is still probably my fave of his, but Arrival definitely gives it a run for it's money.

I highly anticipate this one. Too bad I don't have time to go to the movies or I would ha e watched this one for sure.

Didn't know the guy who did incedies did this one. That's the only movie of his that I have watched so far.

I saw it last week, It was ok, lot of panting a circular story again

We've gone on holiday by mistake
bah humbug

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, I wouldn't go so far as to call it bad or even overrated but I personally thought it was good more so than great.

here is my own review of this movie, i hope i can keep it tight and not mention any spoilers.
literally it's been a long time i havent left the cinema with a WOW feeling, i truly enjoyed every bit of this film, such an emotional experience and really well done film, most of the characters are likeable and the plot is dense, i like how we are told the story and how it keeps u guessing and guessing, along with the amazing score i have to say
to add to that, i find that the acting was just as good and the film kept me on the edge for most of the 2hr viewing, it is interesting how the alien language works and how there is confusion and such, denis villeneuve is growing on me as a competent director, hopefully he;s gonna deliver the goods in the blade runner sequel, fingers crossed for that