Christmas (PC: Holiday) Movies

Tools    

I was just illin' it when I thought to myself... what's the best Christmas flick of all time? Maybe it's not even the best, but what is my favorite? So I was like... Probably National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Yeah I know, as far as film making goes it's nothing new, but it's freakin' hilarious.

"Is your house on fire Clark?"
"Is Rusty still in the Navy?"
"This house is bigger than your old one."

The old grandma takes the cake when it comes to humor.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

So, I was wondering what your favorite Christmas (or Hanukah/Kwanza/Etc) films were.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
A Christmas Story - always reminds me of my dad. He said it was just like his childhood.
It's A Wonderful Life - reminds me not to off myself. heh

Nigtmare before christmas is the best christmas holiday movie, lol
charged the fields at Bannockburn
They fought like warrior poets
They fought like Scotsmen
And won their freedom.

Bad Santa, also being the most recent i have seen, Gremlins also, id probably need reminding about which films are actually set in crimbo, oooh Die Hard, thats another, yipee-kay ay

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Last year Elf did it for me, and it would have got my vote again this year...... but then Bad Santa arrived through ma letterbox... and that has took my crown for the best xmas film I have seen.

Each year I watch How The Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)
Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer(1964)
Frosty The Snowman(1969)
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation(1989)
A Muppet Family Christmas(1987)

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - That movie has one of the three best preformances by Mr. Chase far as I am concerned.

Drum roll please.....

Die Hard (1988 - John McTeirnan)
"Now I have a machine-gun....Ho-Ho-Ho."

And jingle bell rock your way over to THIS thread.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Bad Morther****er
For me it has to be
It's a Wonderful Life

and the original
Miracle on 34th Street
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

A system of cells interlinked
A Christmas Story
Die Hard
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Gremlins

And good ol' Rudolph!

"Who wants a cowboy that rides a zebra??"
"Or a train with square wheels??"
"Or a squirt gun that shoots....Jelly?"

I really look forward to watching "Christmas Vacation" and "A Christmas Story" every year during the holiday season (as do most of you, from the looks of things ), but here's a few more to add to the list...

Bad Santa (extremely funny!!)
The Myth of Fingerprints (not so much a "x-mas" movie, but shows the typical disfunctional family during the holidays)
Lethal Weapon (because its AWESOME!!)

Muppet christmas carol for christmas!!

i always loved a christmas story as a kid. i havent seen it in a while but its still my favorite holiday movie.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Muppet Christmas carol
Nightmare before Christmas
And one i can't remember its name, had doris day in it and her little brother was really naughtyand thee was lots of singing

There are so many, do we have to limit ourselves?

You ready? You look ready.
Die Hard (1988) is the number one Christmas movie.
How The Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)
Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer (1964)
Frosty The Snowman (1969)
Home Alone (1990)
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza