Rioting in the U.S.

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.

"If you're not cop, you're little people." -Bryant

Only posting in here once.

First things first: Turn off the news media and start watching videos from people on the ground. The media has an agenda they are going to push. The current administration has an agenda they are going to push. They are both already doing it, so if you want to see what is truly going on you need to turn to citizen shot footage.

Secondly, the majority of looting/violence/unrest is being perpetrated by far-left and far-right groups to push their own agendas. We've got billionaires busing people into these cities to promote upheaval. White supremacist organizations are actively infiltrating crowds and enciting violence. Antifa splinter cells are organizing supply chains and sowing chaos, as well.

This is straight up terrorism, and it is NOT domestic terrorism. These perpetrators are being funded and supported by international organizations. White supremacy is a serious international issue and we are doing nothing to combat it.

For the second time in the last 4 years we are seeing interference from international hate groups. This is a far bigger issue than police brutality. We are fighting international terrorist organizations that sow and revel in violence.

Finally, police militarization is a serious issue, and it's precisely why these groups WANT this type of unrest. Police units have amassed weaponry to an unprecedented scale, and police unions have actively thwarted thousands of investigations with collective bargaining.

And our courts are too spineless to reestablish the rule of law.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicksib.../#78dd87e12877

https://www.reuters.com/investigates...munity-scotus/

I urge everyone to be safe if you are protesting. This is all some serious deep state ****.

Black Lives Matter
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I blame the media for a lot of this crap. The murder of George Floyd had nothing to do with race but all they talk about is the racial injustice. That doesn't make what happened any less evil but call it what it is. I'm so sick of everything being automatically attributed to race. It's disgusting. What's the excuse for Daniel Shaver's murder and so many others? Racism is a problem but it's not the problem here. Misidentify the problem and it won't be solved. Police, most of which are wonderful, need to be trained differently, and they need to treat the public like they are their customers. With most jobs, if you talk smack to a customer, you can be fired. There needs to be more mutual respect to start with and then build upon that. This officer was written up how many times? He should've been gone long ago.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.

Attorney General William P. Barr has issued the following statement:

“The greatness of our nation comes from our commitment to the rule of law.

The outrage of our national community about what happened to George Floyd in Minneapolis is real and legitimate. Accountability for his death must be addressed, and is being addressed, through the regular process of our criminal justice system, both at the state and at the federal level. That system is working and moving at exceptional speed. Already initial charges have been filed. That process continues to move forward. Justice will be served.

Unfortunately, with the rioting that is occurring in many of our cities around the country, the voices of peaceful protest are being hijacked by violent radical elements.

Groups of outside radicals and agitators are exploiting the situation to pursue their own separate and violent agenda.

In many places, it appears the violence is planned, organized, and driven by anarchistic and far left extremists, using Antifa-like tactics, many of whom travel from out of state to promote the violence.

We must have law and order on our streets and in our communities, and it is the responsibility of the local and state leadership, in the first instance, to halt this violence. The Department of Justice (including the FBI, Marshals, ATF, and DEA), and all of our 93 U.S. Attorneys across the country, will support these local efforts and take all action necessary to enforce federal law.

In that regard, it is a federal crime to cross state lines or to use interstate facilities to incite or participate in violent rioting. We will enforce these laws.”

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/attor...loyd-and-riots

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I guess I shouldn't bring up the Louisville police shooting death of a black man this morning and the subsequent firing of the police chief.

What's boggling is not one person (that I know of or have heard in any from of media) of any color, social status or political affiliation has defended the cop who killed George Floyd or the other cops present that failed to intervene.

No one has attempted to rationalize or justify what was captured on that 9 minute video.

Every media network that voices opinions has agreed (for the first time in a long time) this was horrible! Every person from the President to his opposing candidate, down to other cops themselves have expressed it was an appalling act injustice.

Yet, right now, untold thousands of completely innocent citizens are being victimized, assaulted, robbed, beaten and having their property & businesses utterly and permanently destroyed for no reason by rioting criminals, when everyone agrees with the cries of "justice for George."

I guess I shouldn't bring up the Louisville police shooting death of a black man this morning and the subsequent firing of the police chief.
7 people were shot there Thursday during protests but it doesn't seem to be big news. It's all bad as far as I'm concerned.

Glad I live in the middle of nowhere so I don't have to deal with any of this silliness.

I had to get rid of FB. I think my twitter is next. Everyone and their Granny had their two cents. What's stupid is literally nobody disagrees that it was disgusting and and dude should be in jail and will be. So what is the point of all this?

For what it's worth if you actually look at the numbers .000003% of Americans were killed by police last year. Even less if you just count the brothers. If you add up African Americans and Hispanics killed by police the last two years combined it doesn't equal Caucasians in the same time period. Then you factor in justified force and the number gets even lower. You were about 10 times more likely to get killed by black on black crime last year than a cop.

Man I am all for some police reform and law reform. You feel more paranoid then protected when police are around. Hopefully we come out of this better, but it feels like this divide is here for a long time.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Don't know who this cop is but he's awesome

Lol if I am not mistaken that is Grady Judd. Polk County police chief in Florida...not too far away from me. I'd listen to Bubba The Love Sponge out of Tampa occasionally and he would sometimes be on his show ha.

I mean, if falling for and/or perpetuating falsehood became awesome all of a sudden then sure. the "Antifa" threat of breaking into homes is complete bull****. This started from a few specific twitter accounts. Whether they're Trump supporters or just doing it for ****s and giggles (both?) isn't certain, but it's certainly fake. You could tell before it even hit the news.

I mean, if falling for and/or perpetuating falsehood became awesome all of a sudden then sure. the "Antifa" threat of breaking into homes is complete bull****. This started from a few specific twitter accounts. Whether they're Trump supporters or just doing it for ****s and giggles (both?) isn't certain, but it's certainly fake. You could tell before it even hit the news.
I would just take your word for it because that part doesn't matter to me. It's the take no shlt attitude that does.

I would just take your word for it because that part doesn't matter to me. It's the take no shlt attitude that does.

I get it. We're an emotional species and so we're easily persuaded by words that evoke a strong emotional response. That's a problem. This guy's a cop and I would expect someone in his profession to do some research or something before going on camera and spewing nonsense.

I get it. We're an emotional species and so we're easily persuaded by words that evoke a strong emotional response. That's a problem. This guy's a cop and I would expect someone in his profession to do some research or something before going on camera and spewing nonsense.
There's a lot of organized rioting and looting, and cities are burning down. Lowlifes are getting away with it because the wimps in charge are being lax. That's not the way it should be.

There's a lot of organized rioting and looting, and cities are burning down. Lowlifes are getting away with it because the wimps in charge are being lax. That's not the way it should be.
Organized anarchy. It seems almost like an oxymoron. If the situation gets any worse, someone ought to declare Martial law.

lol not too mention Biden and Steve Carrell and some others are bailing out some of these rioters. Basically encouraging it. Hopefully they did their homework and only bailed out peaceful protesters but I seriously have my doubts.

lol not too mention Biden and Steve Carrell and some others are bailing out some of these rioters. Basically encouraging it. Hopefully they did their homework and only bailed out peaceful protesters but I seriously have my doubts.
I hate to say it, but when you look at social media, and the messaging by the people in the middle of it all, it looks democrat/liberal driven. Maybe that's just because I'm in Massachusetts otherwise known as liberal hell.

Yeah, however righteous the cause, protesting on a certain scale (and of certain things) is pretty much always used by people of bad faith as an excuse to destroy and loot. And destroy and loot not just people who have nothing to do with the injustice, but sometimes even people supporting the protesters!

Managing to support the protest while still condemning this is a level of nuance that most people seem confusingly incapable of, too, as if the fear of not being seen as fully supportive of the cause is enough to stop them from condemning inarguably heinous actions that emerge from it, even indirectly.
I don't always agree with you, Chris (especially about certain board politics), but this was a damn good post!

I hate to say it, but when you look at social media, and the messaging by the people in the middle of it all, it looks democrat/liberal driven. Maybe that's just because I'm in Massachusetts otherwise known as liberal hell.
lol I was seeing a girl who lived right outside NYC and worked in the city at the end of last year. I was planning to move up there after the holidays. Had a job lined up. But the relationship fell apart after Xmas. Saved me from being in that COVID cesspool and I work in healthcare. Plus I don't think I can live in such a blue state. God bless people who can, I like my no state income tax .

I hate to say it, but when you look at social media, and the messaging by the people in the middle of it all, it looks democrat/liberal driven.
No doubt.