Cultural Marxism and the internet

Tools    

Is the internet community the ultimate experiment in cultural Marxism, and strong evidence that it doesn't work?

Look at any of the most prominent online communities (ex. Youtube, Reddit, etc) and in nearly any venue you'll see people, even grown adults acting like children - fighting and name calling over a Miley Cyrus video or something insignficant in the news.

If you think about it the internet basically is the equivalent of Mao's cultural revolution - no borders, no boundaries, no merit or inequality - everyone is "the same" - on the internet a person with multiple doctoretes has just as much "authority" in an argument as a 13 year old Call of Duty fan provide his arguments get enough "likes" on Facebook or Youtube.

And the result is more like Lord of the Flies or something out of one of Marquis De Sade's wet dreams. So I think the internet is the ultimate proof and social experiment that cultural Marxism, and multiculturalism without allegiance or shared values is a recipe for disaster - something that many on the far-left in modern politics seem not to comprehend.

Look at any of the most prominent online communities (ex. Youtube, Reddit, etc) and in nearly any venue you'll see people, even grown adults acting like children - fighting and name calling over a Miley Cyrus video or something insignficant in the news.
Pretty cultural Marxism if you ask me. But then again, there's always been "fighting and name calling over a Miley Cyrus video or something insignficant in the news", only now it is on the internet.
If you think about it the internet basically is the equivalent of Mao's cultural revolution - no borders, no boundaries
Everybody have equal freedom to express themselves on the internet.
no merit or inequality - everyone is "the same" - on the internet a person with multiple doctoretes has just as much "authority" in an argument as a 13 year old Call of Duty fan provide his arguments get enough "likes" on Facebook or Youtube.
Au contraire- on the internet authority is gained by ones activity rather than being granted from higher authority as is the case in the real life. Having lots of likes doesn't constitute authority. "Likes" can mean many things. Writing influential post that people refer to or change their opinions because of could mean authority. Though internet authority will never be binding and obligatory, so it is more egalitarian on one hand and I would say honorable on the other.
So I think the internet is the ultimate proof and social experiment that cultural Marxism, and multiculturalism without allegiance or shared values is a recipe for disaster
If anything, the internet is the best highway to share values as well as call names.

I personally think internet is the best thing since the invention of bread.