Old western: abandoned mining town; hero uses catapult and dynamite

Tools    

I would appreciate any help in identifying an old western movie, probably from the 1950s. The hero finds himself in an abandoned mining town. Only two people are left, a woman and her son. They can't get away, because there are no horses.

Bandits arrive. It is possible that the hero does not have a working gun, but nonetheless gets them to leave initially somehow. He then turns a wagon into a catapult and uses it to throw dynamite long distances. Many of the bandits are killed; the rest flee.

Dynamite Joe?

It's a spaghetti western from 1967.

Dynamite Joe?

It's a spaghetti western from 1967.

Thanks for the suggestion, but no. The movie I am after was shown on TV as the late movie (11:30 PM) in December 1965.

The reason it is so memorable for me is that it was the first time that I got to watch TV so late at night. As I recall, I only saw two more late movies before my teens: Singing in the Rain and a movie set in wartime Britain -- possibly Mrs Miniver.

The movie I am after was shown on TV as the late movie (11:30 PM) in December 1965.

The reason it is so memorable for me is that it was the first time that I got to watch TV so late at night. As I recall, I only saw two more late movies before my teens: Singing in the Rain and a movie set in wartime Britain -- possibly Mrs Miniver.
Can you take a guess as to who was the lead actor? If you can then maybe we can find the title for you. Take a look at this list of western lead actors and see if any of them were in the movie?
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls056161415/