Worst remakes

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
It won an Oscar so I doubt many will say it was a bad movie - an inferior remake of internal affairs maybe (but I haven't seen that film so I can't comment).
It might be alright as a stand-alone film, but as a remake of a film I saw first it's completely horrendous.

From what I saw of it, I'd say the remake of The Omen was really horrible, but I do love the original.

The Departed is excellent no doubt and worthy of being as good as the HK version just as much as Magnificent 7 is to Seven Samurai and Star Wars to Hidden Fortress.

Psycho was definitely terrible! i couldn't believe i paid good money to see it in theaters at 16 as i dig the movies but this was just the same with nothing new and outdated dialogue that doesn't sound like it belongs in the 90s.

The Departed is excellent no doubt and worthy of being as good as the HK version just as much as Magnificent 7 is to Seven Samurai and Star Wars to Hidden Fortress.
I doubt that. Magnificent Seven is not the best example because it's shorter than its source film by roughly 80 minutes, while The Departed adds about 50 minutes to a film that already felt strained at 100 minutes, and I do cite the unnecessary bloat as one of my many gripes with Scorsese's film.

Well The Departed introduces American audiences to a different story in their own language and all that just like Star Wars or Maginficent Seven or Let Me In.

Not a Scorceses fan? not a movie lover then.

Well The Departed introduces American audiences to a different story in their own language and all that just like Star Wars or Maginficent Seven or Let Me In.

Not a Scorceses fan? not a movie lover then.
Yeah, but just because it introduces English-speaking audiences to a story they might not have seen otherwise due to the language barrier does not guarantee that the resulting film will be a good one.

Also, you're going to decide people must not be movie lovers for not being Scorsese fans when you can't even spell Scorsese?

My vote is for the 2001 Planet of the Apes. To me, a horrible remake isn't just a bad film, it's a bad film that's remaking a good film. Most current remakes are lazy cash ins on 70s and 80s horror movies (Friday the 13th, Halloween, Elm Street), none of which had originals that impressed me, so I can't get too mad at a poor adaptation.

What are your worst remakes of all time?

Off the top of my head I can think of that are known to be pretty bad, like the 90s Godzilla film and the Nicholas Cage Wicker Man. But there aren't any films in my recent viewings that really come to mind here.

From the look of the upcoming Terminator film that one might end up making the cut, but it's too early to judge.
I didn't rate Clash of the Titans.

Psycho was definitely terrible! i couldn't believe i paid good money to see it in theaters at 16 as i dig the movies but this was just the same with nothing new and outdated dialogue that doesn't sound like it belongs in the 90s.
Haven't seen it but I heard it was a scene-for-scene remake of the original film, I don't see the point in that at all

I rarely ever watch them, because for one, they seem to make more remakes than anything else, these day. Secondly, they seem to have forgotten how to do it sometime back in the 1990's.

Psycho 1998
The Fog 2005
Carrie 2013

I'm not saying that all remakes before the 90's were good, but still.
No argument regarding the Psycho remake...that really sucked.

I preferred Psycho (1998) to the original, it was in colour, colour films are much better (hehehehe)
Are you serious? The only reason you preferred the remake is because it was in color?

Carrie (2013)
Godzilla (1998)
Clash of the Titans (2010)
Conan The Barbarian (2011)
The Wolfman (2010)
Planet of the Apes (2001)
The Karate Kid (2010)
I'll second the remake of Planet of the Apes...you would think that property would be right up Tim Burton's alley, but it didn't work and I've never been able to put my finger on exactly why.