Nihilistic atheism

Tools    

What I find interesting is that my beliefs preclude the existence of time travel.
The same with anyone that believes in god, you cannot believe in time travel.

For example.. lets suppose that hitler is in hell for the life that he lead.
I travel back in time and adopt him as a young child and raise him to be a selfless and giving human being. Eventually when he dies he goes to heaven.

If time travel exists then man is more powerful than god.

Don't talk ill of nihilists or they'll throw a ferret in your bathtub.

Well it's better than them shoving a hamster up my ass.

But whether god is some stereotypical "bearded man living in the sky" or whether he 'is the universe', I'd say that's still different than the idea that there is 'no order' to the universe, only random occurrences.
I do not believe that anything is truly random.
I believe that the future is 100% deterministic.

Interestingly this doesn't preclude a belief in free will, but it's complicated and off topic. (and covered in the matrix trilogy as well ) I don't want to get into a free will discussion I was just trying to state my pov.

What I find interesting is that my beliefs preclude the existence of time travel.
The same with anyone that believes in god, you cannot believe in time travel.

For example.. lets suppose that hitler is in hell for the life that he lead.
I travel back in time and adopt him as a young child and raise him to be a selfless and giving human being. Eventually when he dies he goes to heaven.

If time travel exists then man is more powerful than god.
That's still talking about a Christian, theist version of god - other than Yoda I don't know of anyone here who believes in that, or even in the stereotypical firey version of "hell" - since I'm pretty sure it was stolen from Tartarus in Greek mythology, and didn't exist in the Jewish or Christian religion before they were influenced by the Roman empire.

It's always been funny to me how people can accept that god is eternal, and these same people get totally hung up on the concept that the universe was "created" at some point. The universe is something that has always existed.
Before the big bang, there was a universe - it was simply compressed.
I'm pretty sure there's a logic problem with this.

If the universe has always existed, yet there was a time when everything was concentrated into a single point before expanding, why wasn't that expansion already triggered? If the expansion were triggered by some impersonal, naturally occurring force (like gravity), it would have already happened, given that it had infinite time to occur beforehand.

Therefore, either a) the universe has not always existed or b) something chose to begin its expansion. And choice implies a mind, which is what we mean by God in the first place.

I find all arguments for atheism dumb and redundant, especially those based on religion. I am a great believer in intelligent design, I can't even argue with atheists anymore, I just find them so dull. Even worse is hearing a religious person argue with an atheist, both a pair of idiots who think they know everything, saying that I have had friends of both and I just quietly overlook their head trauma

Yeah Intelligent design is not saying I know who... or why... or when... or how... but yet I know it, there is a difference.

I find all arguments for atheism dumb and redundant, especially those based on religion. I am a great believer in intelligent design, I can't even argue with atheists anymore, I just find them so dull. Even worse is hearing a religious person argue with an atheist, both a pair of idiots who think they know everything, saying that I have had friends of both and I just quietly overlook their head trauma
You believe in intelligent design. Okay. But are you a "Creationist"?
(The two need not be mutually inclusive.)

You believe in intelligent design. Okay. But are you a "Creationist"?
(The two need not be mutually inclusive.)
I am a creationist but not in the religious sense. I believe in the natural process and evolution and that to me makes god even greater, even more intelligent "god" being a word to describe something I will never understand with my puny human brain, not some old white guy with a big beard sitting in a cloud farting rainbows.

I am a creationist but not in the religious sense. I believe in the natural process and evolution and that to me makes god even greater, even more intelligent "god" being a word to describe something I will never understand with my puny human brain, not some old white guy with a big beard sitting in a cloud farting rainbows.
Yes. I was referring to "creationist" in the religious or traditional sense.
It's a very specific school of thought: basically that the account in the book Genesis is correct in every detail, that the timeline of the Bible is factual (and thus the Earth is only between 4 and 6 thousand years old) and that the Bible is the inerrant word of God.

All creationists believe in intelligent design, but not all believers in intelligent design are necessarily creationists.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I said we'll cut off your JOHNSTON!!