Politics

Tools    

So what are the political views of the forum members here?

I get the impression that this forum leans conservative, don't ask me why (with the exception of a few PC liberal views I see on occasion). I lean libertarian myself.

Since the thread has been named "Politics" I feel that I must say that the word "Politics" doesn't mean only political parties to me...there is a person sitting on a bed...I can shoot him from a thousand different angels, but I choose one, well, that is politics to me, every single word that I am writing is a matter of politics...because i am choosing them over the others...politics is about conflict for me...in fact, in the field which we grossly recognize as political (be it 2 parties or 1709) there seems to be a lack of politics due to lack of opposition (in the true sense)...there exits a bit of difference, probably...

So far no conservatives - why'd I get the idea this forum was conservative?

Since the thread has been named "Politics" I feel that I must say that the word "Politics" doesn't mean only political parties to me...there is a person sitting on a bed...I can shoot him from a thousand different angels, but I choose one, well, that is politics to me, every single word that I am writing is a matter of politics...because i am choosing them over the others...politics is about conflict for me...in fact, in the field which we grossly recognize as political (be it 2 parties or 1709) there seems to be a lack of politics due to lack of opposition (in the true sense)...there exits a bit of difference, probably...
But are your views more liberal or conservative? I believe that's the question this thread is asking.

But are your views more liberal or conservative? I believe that's the question this thread is asking.
They probably don't use the terms "liberal and conservative" in India.

They probably don't use the terms "liberal and conservative" in India.
Possibly not, but regardless he/she still didn't actually say anything about his/her own views.

UK Labour voting left wing
Those two things don't really go together anymore though, do they? You're only making the problem worse.

UK Centre right. So, in the US, communist.

True dat. Even the UK and Euro conservatives realize that subsidized healthcare is a no-brainier. It's only a core of the American right who doesn't get that - and who have more in common with a pre-Revolution French aristocracy than they do with capitalism or free market economics.

True dat. Even the UK and Euro conservatives realize that subsidized healthcare is a no-brainier. It's only a core of the American right who doesn't get that - and who have more in common with a pre-Revolution French aristocracy than they do with capitalism or free market economics.
Or maybe there is a segment of the American right that realize we already had subsidized healthcare in this country and we should have worked on fixing that instead of exasperating the problem. That's right, I forgot the American right are the only ones that believe in trickle down economics as well. The rest of us just believe in coincidence.

Those two things don't really go together anymore though, do they? You're only making the problem worse.

Ok I'll try that again - left wing, votes Labour as there's no one else to vote for

Ok I'll try that again - left wing, votes Labour as there's no one else tho vote for
If you all went and voted Green, which is pretty much where the left wing went from the early 90's, you could vote for someone who said something you believed.

Or maybe there is a segment of the American right that realize we already had subsidized healthcare in this country and we should have worked on fixing that instead of exasperating the problem.
I think we should have taxpayer funded, universal healthcare like in Australia, Britain, etc - no insurance needed, 100% coverage guaranteed - then we can move out of the feudal ages. Healthcare's a basic survival tool, not a "luxury" by any means (except in 3rd world countries) so this is a no brainier to me.

ObamaCare was just a cop-out and did exasperate the problem indeed.

That's right, I forgot the American right are the only ones that believe in trickle down economics as well. The rest of us just believe in coincidence.
Well the American far-right is more worried about paying for healthcare - about than paying trillions of tax dollars on military expenditures, or paying for the incarceration of chumps who get caught with a gram of weed, lol