Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Tools    

King Kong is the star of KING KONG.

WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN? Yes, it was his role. His role where he had to cover his face with a bunch of makeup. Sometimes, his character was CGI, too, early in the film.

It was Brad Pitt's role, but he had effects on top of it. Caesar was Andy Serkis' role, but he had effects on top of it. The difference is...?

If it does fall flat, you'll have to explain why. Rather than saying "Not so much."

This is such a hot mess. I love it. SIGGED.
I didnt mean his name!
I meant his pretending to be King Kong in a monkey suit silliness.
Its all blah, so what stop spoiling my fun.

WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN? Yes, it was his role. His role where he had to cover his face with a bunch of makeup. Sometimes, his character was CGI, too, early in the film.

It was Brad Pitt's role, but he had effects on top of it. Caesar was Andy Serkis' role, but he had effects on top of it. The difference is...?
Ceaser is CEASER
I dont want Andy SirKi's face in my mind.
Brad Pitt is Brad Pitt

In the Beginning...
Look, here's the deal. If you won't look past a character and allow yourself to see the puppet pulling the strings, then you're hopelessly and blindly complacent. It doesn't matter if Sam Worthington's face is on a giant blue alien and Andy Serkis' face isn't on a giant ape. Without those actors, you don't have a movie to watch.

I want to frame this quote and put it alongside the similarly brilliant "King Kong is the star of KING KONG."

I dont want Andy SirKi's face in my mind.
SirKi? Really?

Brad Pitt is Brad Pitt
Right. Which is why they titled the movie The Curious Case of Brad Pitt.

I want to frame this quote and put it alongside the similarly brilliant "King Kong is the star of KING KONG."

SirKi? Really?

The point is a simple one, Brad Pit was the actor who had to make the unreal real using himself
King Kong is not real
and does not need reality spoiling it

No, he didn't do it himself. He did it with a bunch of makeup and CGI. If Brad Pitt had just walked on set and started hunching over and doing an old man voice, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have fooled anyone.

Do you get all excited when you watch, like Jurassic Park, and then disappointed when the credits start rolling and you realize it's not a real place?

This has been my point throughout, but it appears I've been conveniently ignored.
Whatever the role, whatever the character... there's always elements of make-up, CGI, costume, that give the actor what they need.

Discrediting Serkis because he's hidden behind CGI, is the same as discrediting Bale as Batman because Bale is behind an expensive bulletproof Batsuit that can fly.

Discrediting Serkis because he's hidden behind CGI, is the same as discrediting Bale as Batman because Bale is behind an expensive bulletproof Batsuit that can fly.
BUT MEN CAN BECOME BATMEN. THEY CANNOT BECOME MONKEYS.

my argument is water tight.

No, he didn't do it himself. He did it with a bunch of makeup and CGI. If Brad Pitt had just walked on set and started hunching over and doing an old man voice, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have fooled anyone.

Do you get all excited when you watch, like Jurassic Park, and then disappointed when the credits start rolling and you realize it's not a real place?
Lol your missing my points on purpose.
Brad Pitt was the star
as was king kong

A system of cells interlinked
Are you actually wearing a clown suit, or do we all just think you are? THAT is the question.

Lol your missing my points on purpose.
Brad Pitt was the star
as was king kong
Oh, King King was the star, was he? Have you chatted on the phone with ol' Kong recently? Went to his dinner party?

NEWS FLASH: KING KONG DOESN'T ACTUALLY EXIST

And he most certainly doesn't act in films.

Discrediting Serkis because he's hidden behind CGI
I never said dont credit him
i mean just make his job mysterious

The Curious Case of Brad Pitt.
no it was a role where Brad pitt played the part of Benjamin Button
And he became it and was believed AS IT.
and that's ok because we all know actors are needed to make things believable.

But King Kong is not an actor!!!

Ha! This should be a thing.

I loved that movie The Assassination of Brad Pitt by the Coward Casey Affleck, you guys.
"I am Kurt Douglas."

And we can just go ahead and rename The Hobbit to Martin Freeman.

In the Beginning...
Discrediting Serkis because he's hidden behind CGI
I never said dont credit him
i mean just make his job mysterious
This spits in the face of his work. Just because you don't want to be aware of Andy Serkis' role in the film doesn't mean he should take a backseat in the credit roll. Get yer head out of yer keister, man!