If you were going Blind and/or Deaf, what would you watch before it happened?

Tools    

Hypothetical situation ('cause I love 'em): Let's say you found out that you were going blind or deaf or both at the same time!

Obviously, it would put a real damper on your movie viewing experience.

So, what would you be sure to watch before the lights went out and/or the sound became muted permanently? (Unless, of course, it's saved by an experimental surgery later on.)

No offense to people who are blind and/or deaf, but I was just curious about what the people who aren't would choose to watch.

Take into account that this is a different situation from "What Would Your Last Movie Be If You Were Dying?" -- this is all about seeing something or hearing something wonderful for the last time, without dying right afterwards.

For me:

If I Was Going Blind: Come on, you should know this!

Jarhead

Obviously, Jake Gyllenhaal is something I wanna see before and after any situation, but this movie has not only Jake nude, but in a Santa Claus hat, an image that I will need to see one last time to sustain me at every Christmas for the rest of my life ~~ it's going to be difficult.

If I Was Going Deaf:

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

Call me crazy, but I'd wanna hear the roaring chainsaws, the screams, the 80's rock music and the spooky score that Tobe Hooper wrote one last time.

If I Was Going Blind and Deaf at the Same Time:

Hmm, this one is a real toughy... let's see...

The Miracle Worker

Obviously, I'd need something to cope with what I was going through, and what other movie is there?

Yes, I wouldn't get to see Jake Gyllenhaal or hear loud, roaring chainsaws, but hey -- I would still have the sensation of touch.

I could still be taken to California and, with assistance, be led to someplace Jake Gyllenhaal is at, walk up next to him and grab his butt.

Even better -- I could get away with it! (not that I couldn't now...)

Hate to sound unoriginal but couldnt think of a better movie than this 3-D gem out now. What else could have the potential to blowout your senses but this?! I imagine if sight & hearing were like life itd be a good way to go out.
Plus I havent seen it yet.

Watch the sunrise, watch it set, then off to the strip club I go.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Interesting thread. I honestly do not know.

Suspect's Reviews

oh```hope it will not be happended!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get it about Deaf? because you will still use a hearing-aid so you can hear. I would have no problem being deaf.

Blind?.....I have to see naked women before I go 2 blind.

for me it would be The Lord of the Rings, The Fall, or The Fountain, all visually and orally amazing.

Musician Jobs TV Jobs

If i was going blind or deaf i would worry about that, not about what movie to watch.
Will you worry so much that you won't be bored? Or feeling like you should do something before those senses are gone?

If they were gonna remove my stomach tomorrow, I wouldn't even be here -- I'd be at every restaurant in town. I would eat all freakin' night! I'd EAT THINGS I WOULDN'T ORDINARILY TRY! (except women)

So, I imagine there'd be quite a few of you hitting up your old DVDs and favorite movie theatres if y'all found out that your sight or hearing was going for good tomorrow.

I am half agony, half hope.
I'd watch The Fall or Curse of the Golden Flower for beauty, although most of Malick's films would do nicely, also.

If I were going deaf, I'd want All About Eve or Double Indemnity for the sharp dialogue. A lot of Cary Grant's films would do the job, too, having witty repartee.

Johann von Goethe

I think i would watch a movie
that inspires me to keep going
like 300, gladiator or other movies
where you need courage to keep going.

Otherwise i would watch a science fiction
movie with a lot of colors like harry potter,
lord of the rings or Avatar, maybe Terminator 2.

Ray

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I would watch the video of my marriage to my lovely, understanding wife Brenda and the home movies I made of my beautiful and talented daughter Sarah. If possible, The Beatles ("White Album") would be playing in the background. If I had more time and I was going deaf, I'd try to talk to all of my friends and family, preferably in person, but at least on the phone. After all that, I'd put on Jaws, no question. If I still had more time, let me think about it.