The MoFo Comic Book Movies List

→ in
Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Oldboy has a possibility of making my list, but the other two won't. Sorry.

I've liked two movies based off manga a lot; Nana and Beck, so I'm going to try to watch some more movies like that.

That's why I put up links to the Wiki pages... every Comic/Graphic Novel film going is on those pages.

I'm hoping we get a ton of lists as well, it'd certainly make for an interesting list, especially with MoFos being so switched on to the medium I can see the bottom end of the list being like the 90s list and filled with strange and interesting picks.

What's worrying me, the lack of posts so far on this thread is making me wonder how many MoFos will be making lists (??).

It doesn't have to be a comic book, right? It can be a superhero movie.

Miss Vicky and I are about to do commentary on a comic book movie right now -- Ghost World.

As long as it was based on a comic book.

Something like Unbreakable wouldn't count. Or the 2010 film Super.
Technically, it is a Superhero Movie, but they weren't based on a Superhero comic.

I've got my preliminary 25 picked out now... will wait a few weeks though in case I think of something I missed.

Eh, a top 100 movies based on books doesn't interest me as much as just having comic book movies.

So far, I have 28 movies on the list, with only 2 definite movies placed. I plan on watching a whopping 19 of these to see where they will end up, and which ones I need to cut.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Rodent, you'll be an Excel pro before you know it.

Just keep doing it. Watch a little less of Young Guns and you'll learn.

This is how I learned to use Photoshop.

Trial and error. Am experimenting with a faux list at the moment and seeing what certain functions do.

What's worrying me, the lack of posts so far on this thread is making me wonder how many MoFos will be making lists (??).
I'll be making a list but concentrating on 80s films at the moment - others may be the same. Maybe someone should post a list of 80s comic book films?

1980's comic book films?

Some:

- Nausicaa
- Akira
- Urusei Yatsura: Only You
- Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer
- Urusei Yatsura: Remember My Love
- Urusei Yatsura: Lum The Forever
- Urusei Yatsura: The Final Chapter
- Batman (1989)

That's from my head at the moment.

I'm sure that manga movie list is very incomplete. Off the top of my head:

World Apartment Horror
Blue Spring
Nasu
Ping Pong
Memories (1 part direct adaptation, 2 parts "inspired by" Katsuhiro Otomo's early manga).
Ninja bugeicho
They were 11
Tekkon Kinkreet

There should be a ton (most of them mediocre). I'll probably participate. Depends on if I can think of 25 really good movies.

I hope a large number of people participate, and throw in suggestions as well.
General recommendations of stuff people might not otherwise think of:

Popeye, Dick Tracy, Where the Wild Things Are, When the Wind Blows. At least two of those would make my list.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Everybody vote for Oldboy, it counts in this thing, so do it. Also, vote for Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Vote for Watchmen. Definitely vote for Watchmen. Vote for the 1966 Batman as well, because that is very fun. I would say vote for the 1989 version of The Punisher (even though I haven't seen it,) but I think it went straight to video, so you can't...

I would like to be able to vote for straight-to-video films though, but I understand the rules, and don't want to cause too much of a ruckus.
I hope a large number of people participate, and throw in suggestions as well. I think I might keep a list of well known films that aren't really thought of as "comic book movies," so people don't forget to vote for them. I could see this hurting Oldboy and The Addams Family.
This crap is so antithesis to what a mofo list should be.

Make your list.

Lobbyen is weak sauce.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
looking forward to this, had no idea oldboy was from a comic, so that's a definite and i'll be checking out the links rodent supplied (THANKS rodent!!) for others to fill in the list.