Unpopular movie opinions

Tools    

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
You capitalize the 'L' too.

Lord of the Rings = LotR
woah...for some reason my brain decided to ignore the fact that the L was capitalized....

i need a nap now

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I thought that the film Wild Strawberries sucked.

Fine, you want unpopular opinions?

I'll trash this forum's two favorite films--lord of the rings and star wars.

Both are whiny childrens movies!
This forum's two favorite films are lord of the rings and star wars?

When did this happen? Was there a vote? Why am I the shizzle'est of thy extreme kingdom of pimp?

But seriously, fine, you want an unpopular opinion? - here it is. I don't like child's movies as much as I tend to like the children they're intended for.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

So many good movies, so little time.
Star Wars **** out of 4
Wild Strawberries **** out of 4

What you have to realize about Star Wars is that when it came out there had never been anything like it ever before. It was stunning, to say the least.

Wild Strawberries is so good it doesn't have to be defended.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

I prefer Return of the Jedi to Empire strikes back.

...uh the post is up there...

Registered Creature
I wouldn't call LotR children's movies, the books certainly weren't children's books. "Focus on kids becoming adults"? There aren't any kids in LotR... isn't Frodo, like, 24? And the story's overall themes are without doubt pretty mature stuff. I know many adults who love the films.

Frodo is in his 30s, I think. Possibly older.

Meanwhile, as to what you said... Those films ARE children's movies

The Hobbit was a children's book. The Lord of the Rings isn't really considered a children's movie... the book was originally intended for children, but as Tolkien wrote, the story became much, much more darker and complicated than he'd originally planned for it to be. But I can see your point.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I thought that the film Wild Strawberries sucked.
This is a totally legit response if it's somehow backed up. Where's the back-up?

I don't like child's movies as much as I tend to like the children they're intended for.
LOL and Eeeew!

This is a totally legit response if it's somehow backed up. Where's the back-up?
A successful old man feeling sorry for himself and fearing death didn't do it for me.

I found the symbolism to be ridiculous, like being pulled into a coffin.

Let me guess, it means you're going to die.

Everything dies, you think a 78 year old would figure that out, maybe his 67 year old mother could have helped.

They must have had some good fertility drugs in Sweden during the 1800's.

I found the other characters to be forgettable in this boring road trip movie.

Strictly speaking, this doesn't have to be backed up or explained at all. The topic is unpopular opinions, not unpopular arguments. Just saying.

As for my unpopular opinions? I've got this one covered.

Nathan Lane shouldn't be allowed to act on screen. Stick to the stage!
Top Gun is the best popcorn movie of all time.
Braveheart is crap. Forget the, almost, pathological historical inaccruracies, its just crap from start to finish.
De Niro can't do comedy.
I really hated As Good As It Gets.
The Exorcist is one of the best horror films of all time. That didn't used to be a controversial view, but it seems that nowadays nobody likes it.
Mel Brooks films aren't funny.
Blade Runner is boring... And no, the directors cut doesn't make it any better.
LotR is boring. First one's the best and that's just 3 hours of walking.
Harry Potter is crap and for kids
Saving Private Ryan is hugely overrated. Fight at the beginning, nothing in the middle and fighting at the end. And the fighting gets boring after a while.
I only like a few Tim Burton films.
Will Ferrell isn't funny. Neither is Adam Sandler (though I liked 50 First Dates) nor is Sasha Baron Cohen and Ben Stiller is so far from funny that he'd need a ticket and a passport to get to it. Needless to say that I haven't seen a Hollywood comedy that I actually thought was funny for a while now.
Steven Soderbergh hasn't made a decent film since Erin Brokovich.
Death Proof was better than Planet Terror
Scorese's Oscar would've been more deserved for The Aviator (which itself was robbed by the overrated Million Dollar Baby. Eastwood, Best Director? What directing?!?!? ) than for The Departed, which is ok but only really worth watching for DiCaprio and Wahlberg.
Chopper is the only good Eric Bana performance
Tom Cruise should've been nominated for (and won) the Oscar for Rain Man rather than Hoffman.
Reservoir Dogs is Tarantino's best film.

I've got loads of these, I'm sure some of you aren't suprised by that at all.

=o i love Mel Brooks, and i love De Niro in Meet the Parents, and LOTR is nnnot just walking

the rest of them i don't care about much that's not too bad for such a long list!

As for my unpopular opinions? I've got this one covered.

Nathan Lane shouldn't be allowed to act on screen. Stick to the stage!
Top Gun is the best popcorn movie of all time.
Braveheart is crap. Forget the, almost, pathological historical inaccruracies, its just crap from start to finish.
De Niro can't do comedy.
I really hated As Good As It Gets.
The Exorcist is one of the best horror films of all time. That didn't used to be a controversial view, but it seems that nowadays nobody likes it.
Mel Brooks films aren't funny.
Blade Runner is boring... And no, the directors cut doesn't make it any better.
LotR is boring. First one's the best and that's just 3 hours of walking.
Harry Potter is crap and for kids
Saving Private Ryan is hugely overrated. Fight at the beginning, nothing in the middle and fighting at the end. And the fighting gets boring after a while.
I only like a few Tim Burton films.
Will Ferrell isn't funny. Neither is Adam Sandler (though I liked 50 First Dates) nor is Sasha Baron Cohen and Ben Stiller is so far from funny that he'd need a ticket and a passport to get to it. Needless to say that I haven't seen a Hollywood comedy that I actually thought was funny for a while now.
Steven Soderbergh hasn't made a decent film since Erin Brokovich.
Death Proof was better than Planet Terror
Scorese's Oscar would've been more deserved for The Aviator (which itself was robbed by the overrated Million Dollar Baby. Eastwood, Best Director? What directing?!?!? ) than for The Departed, which is ok but only really worth watching for DiCaprio and Wahlberg.
Chopper is the only good Eric Bana performance
Tom Cruise should've been nominated for (and won) the Oscar for Rain Man rather than Hoffman.
Reservoir Dogs is Tarantino's best film.

I've got loads of these, I'm sure some of you aren't suprised by that at all.
"Don't sugarcoat it like that, Kid. Tell her straight."

Welcome to the human race...
I strongly dislike Judd Apatow comedies.

I also reckon Seth Rogen is just as unfunny as Adam Sandler or Will Ferrell, but at least those guys have some personality.

I strongly dislike Judd Apatow comedies.

I also reckon Seth Rogen is just as unfunny as Adam Sandler or Will Ferrell, but at least those guys have some personality.
I think you might be confusing pulling stupid faces with having personality.

I've only seen one Rogen film (Pineapple Express) I thought it was mildly amusing, it kept my interest for the most part and there were actually a couple of laughs in it for me.

Registered Creature
Will Ferrell is TOTALLY the Chevy Chase of today. Like I said on another thread, they're both tall, clumsy, bumbling dorks and are actually funny. (Yeah, I think Ferrell's quite funny). Though I think I like Chevy better.

The dialogue in Juno was realistic. I've met girls and boys younger than her who are witty like that.

Scarlett Johannesson is one of the most overrated celebrities, beauty-wise.

Crank is one of the most overrated action films, ever.

Timothy Dalton just didn't do it for me as James Bond.

That rainbow gun in Forbidden Planet was lame. (I never finished it though).

I hated Juno. But i was mostly just upset by all the undeserved attention it got.

aaand i don't love Almost Famous