Anyone else derailed by the Weinstein W at movie beginnings?

Tools    

Account terminated on request
This phenomenon has bugged me for a while with various people.

I liken it to hearing a Michael Jackson song on the radio or thinking back to an otherwise funny moment in The Cosby Show. Or a scene from House of Cards (K. Spacey).

I can't seem to divorce the person from the product, or at least shut out the memory fast enough, and in a product who's entire purpose is subjective impact, it's kinda crummy.

In the case of the W, it doesn't tank the /entirety/ of the film. Just the first 10 minutes or so. In the case of an actor, it recurs just about every time I see them, more or less.
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

It doesn't bother me at all.
Lucky. There was a discussion on the radio about how Michael Jackson songs have ruined things for the folks that simply do covers of his songs, and have made it difficult to keep his music still in their lineup.

This WaPo guy kinda put it well:

Hearing a Michael Jackson song still feels good. Listening has become too painful.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I just boo the name when it comes up, but still enjoy the art.

Suspect's Reviews

Not bothered by it.

Can watch any Weinstein company movie, no problem. I still listen to Michael Jackson, no problem. I can watch Kevin Spacey movies, no problem. I wasn't bothered by the use of "Rock and Roll Part 2" in Joker (and have actually been listening to that song a lot lately).

I think I'd have to have had a bigger emotional investment in someone's career to be bothered by that kind of thing.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Yet you're bothered by animal cruelty in film, aren't you?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Yet you're bothered by animal cruelty in film, aren't you?
..........................Different.

Wouldn't a better question be "Are you bothered by an actor that publically hurts animals cruelly?"

Say it came out that Tom Cruise skins kittens alive for fun. That might be the end of most folks enjoying him on screen, no?

In a case like that, I know I could never watch a movie of his again.

I just re-watched American Beauty with Kevin Spacey and if anything his past controversy made his character all the more three dimensional. Though I guess that means I seen the movie through the filter of his personal life. Still a good movie!