Movie or TV show question?

Tools    

A friend of mine was telling me, she is looking for a possible tv show, she thinks it might be outer limits type show. Very rare that is a movie, but maybe.

She said the show/movie was some scientists who climb inside a mirror and go back in time, possibly to the dinosaur age, or maybe even another planet. They are wearing lab coats and are being chased by people, and come back in through the mirror and then break the mirror to keep the people chasing them out. She seems to think one of their own was left behind.

Does anyone have any idea what tv/movie this might be? Looking for a name and if its TV the episode and title. thanks.

Sliders is about travelers going to parallel universes while trying to get back to their Earth.

They step through a hole and not a mirror. I don't remember any with dinosaurs, but I don't think I saw all of them.

She said the show/movie was some scientists who climb inside a mirror and go back in time, possibly to the dinosaur age, or maybe even another planet. They are wearing lab coats and are being chased by people, and come back in through the mirror and then break the mirror to keep the people chasing them out. She seems to think one of their own was left behind.
There's kinda similar scene in The Magicians (season 3 episode 8 I believe). No dinosaurs though but another planet/dimension.

Another thing this reminded me of, especially that point about a character being left behind, was the TV series Primeval, which featured dinosaurs and other creatures coming through anomalies into the present.

I think she may be thinking of Timeline 2003 with Paul Walker and Gerard Butler. They go into a circular mirrored time machine and go back to the 14th century to find Paul Walker's dad. In the end Gerard Butler is left behind and the mirrored time machine is destroyed. It's an awesome movie!

I also agree with SeeingisBelieving on the TV series Primeval! You've got a few to check out that's for sure.

Could it be an older movie? It sounds sort of like 1964's "The Time Travelers" to me.

The description sounds like a conflation of plot elements of The Time Travelers with elements of Journey to the Center of Time (1967; aka Time Warp). In the latter movie, the time travelers accidentally go back to the age of dinosaurs.