Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Now what did you think of Edward Furlong?
She's not my mother...Todd (sneer)

Seeing this on the 23rd. Staying away from everyone and everything that even makes a slight peep about this from the evening of the 17th until 3:30 pm on the 23rd.
Oh, DON'T WORRY. We PROMISE we won't spoil this movie for you......

I won't be on here from the 17th -23rd so it doesn't matter lol
Why? Will you be temporarily banned again?

Yes. Harrison Ford is back.

I did a full review on Youtube, but I've not reviewed enough movies here, so I guess it's resorting to type.

Many people have weighed in already, so I will just add my two cents. First, Mr. Ford was an essential component of the original star wars success. Him being back is a good sign.

Second, X-wing fighter shots with the pilots chit chatting and cheering - the best part of any Star Wars.

Finally, there seem to be no fat, old, secret Sith Lords with crap names hanging about. Masked villains is where it is at.

This, if all pans out, will be a good movie.

Be well

There's one part in the trailers that I think looks really stupid. That's when Han Solo says, "The Force, the Jedi, the Dark Side, it's all true, all of it." That's really more of a paraphrase. I'm not going to open it up right now and quote it exactly. You all know the part I'm referring to. He's talking about events that happened like 40 years prior. That would be like someone telling me that WWII really happened (except that was even longer ago). It's too much of a stretch to say the most critical historical event in the universe in an age with more advanced communication technology than we have could forget events that transpired a mere 40 years ago. If he was talking about something from 2,000 years ago that would be another story.

Well, we don't really know the context yet, but it sounds like it's going to be that absurd.

Also if some kid starts learning the force and in a year or less is able to defeat a Sith Lord... I'm going to be pretty peeved about that too...

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Wow less than a week already, going to midnight show next Wednesday night.

I think all my aunts and uncles are planning a big family outing to go see it. So I'll probably see it in the week leading up to Christmas.

I remember when working at Cinemark, people and fans waited outside the theater for months literally waiting to be the first to get tickets for each of the entries of the prequels. They came inside to either use the restroom or brush their teeth. It was more than insane....I don't even wanna know what the theater looks like now for TFA.

John Boyega is the biggest Star Wars nerd its just that i think his character could be more liked then Daisy Ridely as Rey.

I remember when working at Cinemark, people and fans waited outside the theater for months literally waiting to be the first to get tickets for each of the entries of the prequels. They came inside to either use the restroom or brush their teeth. It was more than insane....I don't even wanna know what the theater looks like now for TFA.
People lived outside the theater for MONTHS?

You gotta be remembering this wrong... There's no way people need to still do that now.

I remember A LONG LINE to see "Phantom Menace." But I didn't need to wait months outside. Just went there one day and waited... I don't remember how long it was. Maybe two hours, maybe much less. Maybe three hours, but I kinda doubt that.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
People lived outside the theater for MONTHS?

You gotta be remembering this wrong... There's no way people need to still do that now.

I remember A LONG LINE to see "Phantom Menace." But I didn't need to wait months outside. Just went there one day and waited... I don't remember how long it was. Maybe two hours, maybe much less. Maybe three hours, but I kinda doubt that.

From 3 days ago (Dec 8th):
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Fans Are Already Lining Up

And remember what happened in 2005:
The Force isn't with fans this week
'Star Wars' devotees line up early — at wrong L.A. theater

I can understand being in line right now. Crazy, but I can believe it. And I did just read a story about a guy who waited many months for the prequels. But that seems like it should be extremely, extremely rare.