American Crime Story (anthology series on FX)

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
Instead of a different thread for each season I though we’d use one for all, given the anthology element.

The first season (centered around the O.J. Simpson trials) was likely the best piece of television in 2016. Excellently written and directed, perfectly acted and filled with topical provocations. It’s available on Netflix and i recommend immediate viewing if you haven’t seen it already.

Season two premieres on January 17th. The new crime story is the assassination of Gianni Versace and the ensuing manhunt for his killer.

The murder of Gianni Versace is embroiled in Hollywood sensationalism. He*was a renowned and openly gay fashion designer who was murdered by a spree*killer who was enamored with him.
Starring are Edgar Ramirez (as Versace), Darren Criss (as the killer, Andrew Cunanan), Penelope Cruz (as Donatella, Versace’s sister) and Ricky Martin (as Antonio D’Amico, Versace’s partner).

Two more seasons are already in development. One will deal with the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and the other the Bill Clinton sex scandals.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I will binge the first and be ready for season 2

OJ season was great so I'm definitely looking forward to the new one

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Early word on the new season is... divisive. A few hours away from the premiere now. I do hope Ramirez gets to knock it out of the park. Guy’s a movie star waiting to happen (should’a happened after Carlos 8 years ago).

I’m not sure I’m onboard with what Darren Criss is doing.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Halfway through season 2. It's just so dull, going backwards through time to tell the story of the killers past. I would much rather watch the manhunt or the Versace infighting.

OJ is a tough act to follow though, in fact it can't be followed, nothing like that whole saga will happen again.

Really feeling those True Detective S2 vibes.

Yeah, I bailed at episode 3. There’s just not much to the story and the balancing act between the show’s rather campy tone and serious social commentary isn’t anywhere near as good as S1’s.

Wonder how the Katrina season will shake out tough. That one went into production before this one.

I'm halfway through the Versace season and I'm surprised at the hate this has been getting. It's not as good as the OJ season but I'm enjoying it quite a lot.