Popularity of Auto racing movie at worldwide box office

Tools    

Just how popular are movies about Auto racing involving cars and not those f1 low suspension vehicles at worldwide box office ? Its a strange thing when it comes to sports movies. Most of them doesn't perform blockbuster numbers(500+) at box office however popular the sport is. Football movies don't make much. But auto racing still has some fans that will show up to the movies. Due to popularity of NASCAR and sebring in america and other races in Europe like Le Mans how well can they do ? and what are their challenges.

It's not that the question is "challenging," it's that it's not particularly interesting to speculate about and the answer is kinda obvious: people prefer watching actual sports. Sports are interesting because real drama can arise out of them naturally, whereas movies about sports are scripted and the drama in them is contrived. So many of them boil down to "do they win the Big Game yes/no." The things people like most about sports are fundamentally incompatible with scripting.

not even a little bit challenging questions ?
I think I heard of a new movie coming out about Ford's historic win at LeMans in 1966. There is a documentary about Ford at LeMans too, called The Return – One Chance to Make History (2017)

I've seen several older films about auto racing, liked or loved them all. Do you have any favorites in that genre?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
A race car driver was pulled over by the cops. He pleaded with them that he was late for the big event and not to give him a ticket.

The cop yelled back at him "Don't play the race card with me."

Suspect's Reviews

The truth is in here
When I think of racing movies, the first one that comes to mind is Grand Theft Auto. It has a fun factor that makes racing more exciting than it otherwise would be. Bobby Deerfield is more about the person in the title than the sport itself, but that's a really sweet little movie as well.

Today all racing movies are digitalized and cars are maybe not even going 1 meter long on the road so all is fake today in movies and the cars could not even be real, you know?