Leonardo DiCaprio vs. Christian Bale
63.38%
45 votes
Leonardo DiCaprio
36.62%
26 votes
Christian Bale
71 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I like them both. I see that DiCaprio is more impressive when it comes to acting. Bale is great too, although I haven't seen "The fighter", the movie for which Bale got an Oscar.. Generally I prefer DiCaprio, but I think Bale is going to deliver great performances in the future.

Just another movie Guru
I love them both when it comes to individual films, however as a whole I like to see Leo more often I guess.

Leo has a wide range of character abilities, but some times his facial range is limited to few emotions.

Bale is very similar.

I think if we were to compare two of their films for clarity would allow a greater conversation, such as their earlier work (swing kids v. growing pains)

Personally I see no similarities.

And DiCaprio is infinitely better IMO.
That's what I think.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Leo. Without a doubt.

Bale for sure.

Bad Language

You know who you kind of remind me of, Powderfinger? You remind me of Christian Bale's character, Dickie, in the movie The Fighter. I think there are some similarities between you and him.

(because the damn thing won't let me embed)

I like the Fighter Film

Bale for sure.

Bad Language

Oh my god.. That's some temper..

Some people have tempers when they're stressed

I Say Leo because he had more Grammy winners than Bale and I like Leo more.

I Say Leo because he had more Grammy winners than Bale and I like Leo more.
I didn't realise Leo was a singer or a composer

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Bale for sure.

Bad Language

Have you enjoyed the dance remix?

I've only seen Bale in 3:10 to Yuma but was so impressed that I'm hungry for more.

Bale in that movie has the sort of immediacy that Leonardo only had under age 21. He simply does not look like he's acting for a moment. Catch Me if You Can was DiCaprio's last performance where the acting was invisible. Ever since than there's always this split second gap between thought and action with him that gives the illusion away and exposes the mechanics of acting.

Bale is A LOT better.

We see how dedicated he is with the way he loses and gain weight for his roles. He pulled of Patrick Bateman perfectly which is role harder than anything Dicaprio as ever done, he portrayed the best batman ever. He also is almost always recognized to be the best thing in his movies. The Fighter, 3:10 To Yuma, American Psycho, the Machinist, etc.

Dicaprio's best role is without a doubt Calvin Candy, but he still is not as good as Christoph Waltz. I didn't really liked The Departed, I don't care for Titanic, Blood Diamond and shutter Island are pretty good, but no where near Christian Bale

DiCaprio. Fans dont realize he could be the actor of our times. In all honesty I think his looks work against him in this regard.

Just one story I read in Premiere years ago about DiCaprio. When filming the shakespearean modern day Romeo & Juliet film John Leguizamo was commenting on his own difficulty mastering his lines. On the other hand "DiCaprio would be on his Game Boy, get called to do a scene, would completely kill it in every way, and would be back at his chair to the Game Boy before it could coolm down. I hate that guy"

The Bib-iest of Nickels
In-terms of Christian Bale movies that I have seen, Christian Bale has American Psycho, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Equilibrium, The Machinist, (Animated Movies: Howl's Moving Castle and Pocahontas) and that's about the sum of it. Equilibrium, American Psycho, and The Machinist were far from being great movies, but The Dark Knight Trilogy was very good. American Psycho is held in a high-regard because of Christian Bale's performance as Patrick Bateman, and rightfully so. He did very, very well, and I'd say that it's his best performance to date, (I haven't seen American Hustle) although the movie itself was sub-par. The same can be said for The Machinist, which is a movie where Bale lost a lot of weight to play his role, whereas Equilibrium merely sucked. The Batman movies were good, but I wouldn't say that they were particularly good because of Christian Bale, rather, it was the cinematography of Christopher Nolan, and the actors such as Heath Ledger and Tom Hardy that helped the movies excel. Bale did good, but not great as the caped crusader.

As for Leonardo DiCaprio, I have seen What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Romeo + Juliet, Titanic, The Departed, Inception, Django Unchained, and The Great Gatsby. Both of them have been in great movies, but I believe that only Leonardo DiCaprio has been in a movie that he MADE great, like his acting in Unchained or The Departed. I don't think it's even close personally, but I do believe that both Christian Bale and Leonardo DiCaprio have many great movies left in them.

Bale created one of cinema's greatest characters in one Patrick Bateman but I think DiCaprio has more range. I also think DiCaprio's body of work has stronger re-watch appeal than Bale's.

Just one story I read in Premiere years ago about DiCaprio. When filming the shakespearean modern day Romeo & Juliet film John Leguizamo was commenting on his own difficulty mastering his lines. On the other hand "DiCaprio would be on his Game Boy, get called to do a scene, would completely kill it in every way, and would be back at his chair to the Game Boy before it could coolm down. I hate that guy"
Now I know why that performance is so sh!tty. I quite seriously caught him smiling at the end of the scene he realizes Juliet's a Capulet.

But it also explains why he was so relaxed in front of a camera when very young - he didn't treat it as BIG IMPORTANT WORK back then. Now that he treats it with dead seriousness - the levity is gone.

DiCaprio. Fans dont realize he could be the actor of our times. In all honesty I think his looks work against him in this regard.
They do - he's way too odd-looking for a leading man even in the age of odd-looking leading men. I had to put on Hud right after seeing Great Gatsby and stare at young Newman for a while to recover from the unbearable sight of DiCaprio in 3-D. I'm not joking

I know I sound like a troll but I'm OCD about beauty. Nothing but strictly classic cuts it for me. This is where I'm biased against against Leonardo - his appearance irks me and he has to work harder for me to like him onscreen because of that. Bale is no hunk but his features are nice, straight, logical,... noble almost. it's an easily cinematic face.

As for that recording, it's true - ALL THE GREAT ONES are crazy...