🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟

Tools    

In real life, William Shatner became an unemployed actor after his success on the Star Trek series and became homeless. He was literally living in a Chevy pickup truck.
Serious?
I never heard about him being homeless.

I figured he kept busy with cheesy made-for-TV movies, commercials, TV show appearances (like Mission Impossible & various police dramas), voice work (ST the animated series & documentary narrations), until his return to the ST movies and his resurgence on several successful TV series.

Just for fun... this commercial...
I was never aware of it until YouTube!

It really threw me when I first saw it, the reason being that they used the real voices for some of the look-a-like actors.
The lady playing Uhura looks a lot like Nichelle, (and is pretty smokin'!)
The one that gets me though is Mr. Scott - this guy looks exactly like James Doohan (in 1968)!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
There's a fan-made Star Trek calendar from the late 1980s that has funny Star Trek drawings each month. One of the months had a picture from "This Side of Paradise" (from the scene pictured below) with the caption:

"And that cloud looks like Charles Bronson, and he's pointing a gun ... at me!".

I don't see the cloud.

You're not supposed to see the clouds. They're looking up at the clouds and seeing images in the shapes of the clouds.

In real life, William Shatner became an unemployed actor after his success on the Star Trek series and became homeless. He was literally living in a Chevy pickup truck.
Serious?
I never heard about him being homeless.

I figured he kept busy with cheesy made-for-TV movies, commercials, TV show appearances (like Mission Impossible & various police dramas), voice work (ST the animated series & documentary narrations), until his return to the ST movies and his resurgence on several successful TV series.

After "Star Trek" was cancelled, Shatner was basically typecast as Kirk, so during that time, he took any role that he could get, no matter how small it was. That's why he was in a bunch of Sci-Fi B-Movies and TV guest appearances around that time.

After "Star Trek" was cancelled, Shatner was basically typecast as Kirk, so during that time, he took any role that he could get, no matter how small it was. That's why he was in a bunch of Sci-Fi B-Movies and TV guest appearances around that time.
Yes, I knew that, but I never knew he was so bad off that he was homeless and living out of a car!
I figured he'd live on residuals & commercial work.

Just for fun... this commercial...
I was never aware of it until YouTube!

It really threw me when I first saw it, the reason being that they used the real voices for some of the look-a-like actors.
The lady playing Uhura looks a lot like Nichelle, (and is pretty smokin'!)
The one that gets me though is Mr. Scott - this guy looks exactly like James Doohan (in 1968)!

Thanks Capt.

I've never seen that commercial. Most of the actors are excellent lookalikes, (except for Sulu). I doubt those people look that much like the original actors, and it's not CGI, so I wonder how they did that?

It's also strange that Nimoy/Spock wasn't in the commercial.

Yes, I knew that, but I never knew he was so bad off that he was homeless and living out of a car!
I figured he'd live on residuals & commercial work.

I don't think they got residuals back then, so all he had to live on was whatever work he was doing at that time.

Thanks Capt.

I've never seen that commercial. Most of the actors are excellent lookalikes, (except for Sulu). I doubt those people look that much like the original actors, and it's not CGI, so I wonder how they did that?

It's also strange that Nimoy/Spock wasn't in the commercial.
I'm still trying to find out what year this was made.

From what I see on the Internet, most people in the U.S. have no memory of seeing this on TV.

The voices of Shatner, Nichols & Doohan were used in the commercial - I'm not sure about Chekov & Sulu (since their lines are sparse, although it does sound like George Takei at the very end.)

I'm guessing Spock didn't appear because they couldn't get Nimoy to do the commercial and wanted to be consistent with using the real voices of the main characters? (Just a speculation).

I'm still trying to find out what year this was made.

From what I see on the Internet, most people in the U.S. have no memory of seeing this on TV.

The voices of Shatner, Nichols & Doohan were used in the commercial - I'm not sure about Chekov & Sulu (since their lines are sparse, although it does sound like George Takei at the very end.)

I'm guessing Spock didn't appear because they couldn't get Nimoy to do the commercial and wanted to be consistent with using the real voices of the main characters? (Just a speculation).

I think they're all the original actors voices, including Koenig and Takei.

That makes sense about Nimoy. I just thought it might have been that Nimoy wanted too much money to do the commercial.

I'm not sure of the year, but if you find out, please let us know.

According to this, the ST-KFC commercial was made around 2006, and used the voices of the original cast.
Not much more info to go on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comm...ial_is_pretty/

I guess it's possible, but it looks much older than 2006. I would have guessed possibly around the mid-80s.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Mariette Hartley

If I was Spock during this episode I would have killed McCoy and stayed in the cave with her.

Mariette Hartley also a smart one, graduated from Carnegie Mellon University (Carnegie Institute of Technology).

Nancy Kovack as Nona

A Private Little War
Graduated from University of Michigan at age 19. She's my favorite from the original series.
Most people will know her from Jason and the Argonauts. Very good looking woman.

Mariette Hartley

If I was Spock during this episode I would have killed McCoy and stayed in the cave with her.

Mariette Hartley also a smart one, graduated from Carnegie Mellon University (Carnegie Institute of Technology).
Hell of a figure on her .

Captain Steel, I was a little disappointed that Kirk's unseen lover in "Generations" wasn't someone more familiar, such as Carol Marcus.
I was reading trivia on "Memory Alpha" (when trying to find out who Kirk's love interest was) and it said the writers originally intended "Antonia" to be Carol Marcus, but that was changed for some reason at Paramount's request!
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Antonia

Yeah, it would have been nice for it to have been Carol for continuity's sake. She was forgotten in the other movies but is mentioned in the novelization of Star Trek IV.

On another note, I came up with this theory. It's a little controversial but it's only meant as fun. It's that the original Star Trek movies with Kirk and crew are also in an alternate timeline. It explains some things like the Klingons' radical change in appearance or little errors like Kirk forgetting he had a biological brother in Star Trek V. What do you think?

... I came up with this theory. It's a little controversial but it's only meant as fun. It's that the original Star Trek movies with Kirk and crew are also in an alternate timeline. It explains some things like the Klingons' radical change in appearance...
They explained why Klingon's looked so differently in the past on an episode of Star Trek Enterprise. Anybody watch that series?

They explained why Klingon's looked so differently in the past on an episode of Star Trek Enterprise. Anybody watch that series?

I watched the first season of "Star Trek Enterprise", but I got tired of watching us get beaten up every week, so I kind of gave up on it. I only watched it sporadically after the first season, but I started to watch it again in the last season, when it seemed to get better, but sadly by then, it was too little, too late.

I had high hopes for the show because I was already a fan of Scott Bakula, and I was thrilled when I heard that he was going to star in the new "Star Trek" show, but it just didn't live up to its expectations.

I have the whole series on DVD, so I hope to find the time to give it another chance someday.