Adam Driver, MARRIAGE STORY
7.69%
2 votes
Jonathan Pryce, THE TWO POPES
69.23%
18 votes
Joaquin Phoenix, JOKER
26 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The UK block is very strong, this is the 11th straight year we've had an English actor make the cut.

Also Pryce and Banderas have never been nominated so that likely factored into it.
Brits on average produce top notch actors. All that stage and theatre stuff. If you take every decade there has to be one or two who absolutely dominates it.

Out of the Best Actor nominees though, so far I think Pryce will win it (though I'm yet to watch P&G).
I think you're going to be very disappointed on Sunday.
My favorite performance isn't Pryce's, but DiCaprio's (I'm currently getting through P&G, so that's excluded for now). However, it's something I'm mixed on, as I'd prefer Pryce to win over DiCaprio so he can finally take home an Oscar (DiCaprio obv already has one).

If Phoenix wins though, I wouldn't be angry. He acted well in Joker, even if I hated that film.

I think Pryce has a high chance of winning because I think playing a Pope should be Oscar bait.

Well, having seen all nominees for this category, DiCaprio's performance is my favorite, but ofc he's unlikely to win again.

My vote went to Jonathan Pryce, since the question is regarding who will win, not personal favorite.

Joaquin Phoenix won yet another award for his performance in Joker, this time it's the biggest of them all: his first Oscar. He won the unofficial award for the best of the four acting acceptance speeches too with a heartfelt plea for decency ending by referencing his late brother River.

The Joker now officially joins Vito Corleone as the only characters to win two acting Oscars (Brando/DeNiro and Ledger/Phoenix).

Of Joker's eleven Oscar nominations its only other win to go with Phoenix's was Hildur Guđnadóttir for Best Original Score.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
He lost me at artificial cow insemination but won me back with a quote from his brother. Odd speech.

Suspect's Reviews