CricketCity Of Lost Children (1995)
TheUsualSuspect ► Vagabond (1986)
Redwell ► Postman Blues (1997)
TONGODragon Tiger Gate (2006)
Omnizoa ► Gen-X Cops (1999)
CosmicRunawaySociety (1989)
re93animatorThe Fear of 13 (2015)
ClazorKids (1995)
Topsy ► Whatever Happened To Baby Jane (1962)
Mistique ► Seven Samurai (1954)
Nope ► Martyrs (2008)
The Sci-Fi Slob ► Asylum Blackout (2011)
MonnoM ► Mutant Action (1993)
re93animatorHarakiri (1962)
CamoThe World According To Garp (1982)
TONGOHowl (2015)
Above The Clouds ► Dark Waters (1993) ?
MonnoM ► Heaven (2002)
Movie MaxAn American Werewolf in London (1981)
Cricket ► Used Cars (1980)
re93animatorFurry Vengeance (2010)
The Sci-Fi SlobThe Lion In Winter (1968)
TONGO ► A Woman Under The Influence (1974)
Frightened Inmate No. 2 ► Night on Earth (1991)
Citizen Rules ► Payback (1999)
Clazor ► ?????

There's a director's cut?!! How didn't I know about this?! I MUST HAVE IT!!!
Yeah, it's called Payback: Straight Up. I have the original Payback and the Straight Up version on separate DVDs. The Director's Cut is actually shorter, and changes the tone of the movie (in my opinion, for the worse).

Yeah, it's called Payback: Straight Up. I have the original Payback and the Straight Up version on separate DVDs. The Director's Cut is actually shorter, and changes the tone of the movie (in my opinion, for the worse).
oy! I was just mentioning this in the other Payback thread. I didnt know they actually released the original version. Hm.

Interesting about the two cuts of Payback. Usually I like the theatrical release better. Cosmic, in what way does the Director's Cut change the tone of the movie?

I haven't seen the Director's Cut in awhile, but from what I remember: the opening scene is cut (and removes some foreshadowing with it), Mel Gibson's voice over that provides a lot of character motivation is completely absent, I remember the music being different, and Straight Up cut out practically all of the climactic final confrontation for a more subdued finale.

The version that's on Netflix right now (at least in Canada) is the regular/theatrical version. It confuses me, because it has the same image as my DVD for the Straight Up edition. But the theatrical cut is around 1hr 40, and the Director's Cut is 1hr 30, so you can tell them apart that way.

Yeah it seems really odd, but they just cut a lot of things that I thought worked for the theatrical film, and didn't add anything to fill in those gaps.
Off the top of my head the only film where I liked the directors cut more than the theatrical was Godfather I & II. Good Will Hunting, they actually never released a Directors Cut, they should. In the deleted scenes theres almost 20-30 minutes of Ben Affleck being hysterical. He sacrificed the bulk of his part so the film could be released, and it wouldnt hurt the overall story not being in there.

I liked the relatively unnecessary Director's Cut for Lethal Weapon. That one minute they added makes like, all the difference. It really doesn't.

Thinking about Director's Cuts, I think I've only ever seen the longer cuts for Das Boot. I should probably get around to watching the shorter version, I might like it more (though I do really like the Director's Cut of Das Boot as it is).

Off the top of my head the only film where I liked the directors cut more than the theatrical was Godfather I & II. Good Will Hunting, they actually never released a Directors Cut, they should. In the deleted scenes theres almost 20-30 minutes of Ben Affleck being hysterical. He sacrificed the bulk of his part so the film could be released, and it wouldnt hurt the overall story not being in there.
That's interesting. One of my favorites and I have never watched the deleted scenes. I will have to prioritize that.

So quick Q, If I were to throw my hat in the ring could I request someone watch the Godfather Epic, all 7 hours?

Thinking about Director's Cuts, I think I've only ever seen the longer cuts for Das Boot. I should probably get around to watching the shorter version, I might like it more (though I do really like the Director's Cut of Das Boot as it is).
Ooo, Das Boot is one of the best war movies Ive ever seen. It was long, I think I saw the theatrical (years ago renting it at Blockbuster)

Hm, now theres a thread idea - TONGO go make.

So quick Q, If I were to throw my hat in the ring could I request someone watch the Godfather Epic, all 7 hours?
No If they like the first one theyll seek out the others anyway. If they dont like the first one, then as Conan Schwarzanegger would say "Da hell wid dem!"

15 minutes into this.....NOT the film I really would choose to see. No offense to Inmate or the film but I just broke up with my ex-fiance due to her untreated schizophrenia and alcoholism. How Falk is desperately wanting her to be on an even keel.....Ill finish it, but only cause its my duty. Let me clarify, the movies brilliant. In fact its so brilliantly acted, directed, and convincing that its killing me

Hey, they cant all be winners
Yeah its rough.

Definitely ahead of its time though. John Cassavetes reminds me of Robert Altman with his style here. My names gonna be in black for awhile, right now feel like Im subjecting myself more than watching it.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I'm attempting to acquire Payback right now...
I never pegged you for the vindictive type.