Does The Rock have the worst resume in Hollywood?

Tools    

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Dwayne the rock Johnson. Maybe I can see 2 or 3 movies where he’s appeared (not starred) that are good movies not great. Be cool, the other guys and Get smart.

He’s not doubt a big name. So comparing to today’s and even yesterday’s big names does he have the worst resume in film. I could only think of van damme and maybe Steven seagal but I don’t think they were ever as popular as the rock and arguably in some better movies for which they starred in.

Meh, he's had a lot of misses over the years... but there's lots of other actors out there that have made worse decisions and still seem to get top billing and paid millions every time they make an appearance.

Nicolas Cage, Sam Worthington, Jai Courtney, Marky Mark, Channing Tatum, Tyler Perry, Taylor Kitsch.

Meh, he's had a lot of misses over the years... but there's lots of other actors out there that have made worse decisions and still seem to get top billing and paid millions every time they make an appearance.

Nicolas Cage, Sam Worthington, Jai Courtney, Marky Mark, Channing Tatum, Tyler Perry, Taylor Kitsch.
Fair enough. Not sure about the last two don’t know them but nick cage, walbergand Worthington have at least been in one decent movie...as I believe avatar was pretty good. Unless I’m wrong he’s one of the most popular and highest paid actors (the rock) other than Wahlberg not sure if the others have been close to that honour.

Apologies the title to the post isn’t my best peice of work. What I’m trying to say is has there been an actor so popular and as highly paid as the rock that has such a poor resume, in terms of what a poor resume is I’d consider not being in one great movie and only small appearances in ok movies like the ones I listed.

Welcome to the human race...
Exactly. The guy's certainly done some bad movies but I'd still say that it takes more than that to have the "worst resumé in Hollywood".

Exactly. The guy's certainly done some bad movies but I'd still say that it takes more than that to have the "worst resumé in Hollywood".
🙄🙄🙄

Without being too literal about the title. Compare him to the most popular actors of our generation. Mark Wahlberg was a good one, but his starring role in boogie nights beats out any performance and or movie on the rocks resume (in my opinion). Can’t really think of any else that has been so popular and has had such a poor run of movies.

The Rock has a legit top ten list, this is a terrible thread.

1. Moana (RT 95%)
2. Fast and Furious 6 (RT 69%)
3. The Rundown (RT 70%)
4. Faster (RT 42%)
5. Fast Five (RT 77%)
6. Furious 7 (RT 80%)
7. Walking Tall (RT 26%)
8. Snitch (RT 57%)
9. Pain and Gain (RT 50%)
10. Fate and Furious (RT 66%)

The Rock has a legit top ten list, this is a terrible thread.

1. Moana (RT 95%)
2. Fast and Furious 6 (RT 69%)
3. The Rundown (RT 70%)
4. Faster (RT 42%)
5. Fast Five (RT 77%)
6. Furious 7 (RT 80%)
7. Walking Tall (RT 26%)
8. Snitch (RT 57%)
9. Pain and Gain (RT 50%)
10. Fate and Furious (RT 66%)
Jaysus all those movies are terrible! Are you serial? Can’t commenrt on Moana though, never heard of it,

Jaysus all those movies are terrible! Are you serial? Can’t commenrt on Moana though, never heard of it,
You never heard of a movie that made half a billion dollars and won an Oscar. Perhaps those movies aren't bad, your taste is just in your mouth.

You never heard of a movie that made half a billion dollars and won an Oscar. Perhaps those movies aren't bad, your taste is just in your mouth.

I don’t watch kids movies. And lmao those were the movies you used to defend the rock. Even the tomato score itself on many were poor.

Welcome to the human race...
🙄🙄🙄

Without being too literal about the title. Compare him to the most popular actors of our generation. Mark Wahlberg was a good one, but his starring role in boogie nights beats out any performance and or movie on the rocks resume (in my opinion). Can’t really think of any else that has been so popular and has had such a poor run of movies.
Yeah well I don't think doing one or two "good" movies can necessarily redeem an otherwise bad career or at least give it that much of an edge over a more consistently mediocre one. If you want to run the averages, Wahlberg has been in two Transformers movies and gave us Entourage (and for that reason I don't consider Tommy Wiseau because The Room itself is more of a work of art than damn near any other movie those dudes have ever made).

I don’t watch kids movies. And lmao those were the movies you used to defend the rock. Even the tomato score itself on many were poor.
While Walking Tall had a 26% rating in the positive/negative the 10 point scale for it was much higher 4.5 out of 10.

Fate and the Furious 6.1/10
Moana - 7.9/10
Furious 7 - 6.6/10
Fast and Furious 6.2/10
Pain and Gain 5.4/10
Snitch 5.6/10
Fast Five 6.4/10
Faster 4.9/10
Walking Tall - 4.5/10
Rundown 6.4/10

Average RT score - 6/10

Yeah well I don't think doing one or two "good" movies can necessarily redeem an otherwise bad career or at least give it that much of an edge over a more consistently mediocre one. If you want to run the averages, Wahlberg has been in two Transformers movies and gave us Entourage.
Yea I think it’s redeemable. same goes with nick cage whom to me has his redeemable and memorable performances, of course he’s lost his way now.