Sooo...I'm Transgender!!

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
I don't presume to be able to comment on the why and what for in this situation, as I don't have a personal referent, but I will say that in all the years I have known Matt, including the time he came out to visit my wife and I and stayed at our place for a few days, I never got the idea that he had low self esteem.

You ready? You look ready.
I don't presume to be able to comment on the why and what for in this situation, as I don't have a personal referent, but I will say that in all the years I have known Matt, including the time he came out to visit my wife and I and stayed at our place for a few days, I never got the idea that he had low self esteem.
Thanks!!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

No, I'm not saying that at all.

It's not a matter of feeling better about myself: I already feel pretty great about who I am as an individual. I'm a sensitive and caring person, and I am happy with where I am as a person in my life. The problem, however, is that regardless of how I feel about myself I have physical feelings about my body that are largely unaffected by how I feel about my inner-self. Does this make sense?
John, not to beat a dead horse, but what you describe could also be a form of "body dysmorphic disorder" (I'm not saying it is, just that it could be.)

The disorder usually focuses on issues related to appearance. But in some more extreme similar disorders, people have amputated body parts just because they "didn't like them" or, even though their limb was functional & healthy it somehow made them uncomfortable, so they cut it off.

Again, don't take this the wrong way - I'm not saying any of these disorders are your problem, just another bit of cautionary advice to look thoroughly into all possibilities of why you feel the way you do before any major deletions.

http://www.biobehavioralinstitute.co...ticle.php?id=4
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apotemnophilia

I think you're failing to realize that the issue I have is a lack of something (estrogen): I don't have an issue with wanting to get rid/cut something off. Put some estrogen in me and I'm willingly to bet that I am going to feel so much better. There are a vast array of things (secondary sex traits) affected by your hormone levels that will be fixed without cutting anything off.

I think you're failing to realize that the issue I have is a lack of something (estrogen): I don't have an issue with wanting to get rid/cut something off. Put some estrogen in me and I'm willingly to bet that I am going to feel so much better. There are a vast array of things (secondary sex traits) affected by your hormone levels that will be fixed without cutting anything off.
Have you had any estrogen yet?

You've probably made this clear (but I'm too lazy to go back through the whole thread) but are you ultimately planning to cut something off?

Have you had any estrogen yet?
No, nothing external anyways. Everybody has both estrogen and testosterone in their bodies, and I was thankfully blessed with a genetically inferior family gene pool: I've never had my hormone levels checked, but I'm willing to bet I have low testosterone levels.

You've probably made this clear (but I'm too lazy to go back through the whole thread) but are you ultimately planning to cut something off?
At this point it is so far away that there's no point in talking about it. In all honesty, you shouldn't ever talk about it with someone who tells you they are trans. It's between them and their physician.

No, nothing external anyways. Everybody has both estrogen and testosterone in their bodies, and I was thankfully blessed with a genetically inferior family gene pool: I've never had my hormone levels checked, but I'm willing to bet I have low testosterone levels.

At this point it is so far away that there's no point in talking about it. In all honesty, you shouldn't ever talk about it with someone who tells you they are trans. It's between them and their physician.
But you're here talking about it with us.

Personally, I don't think testosterone or estrogen would help me... put some oxycodone in me and I'm willingly to bet that I am going to feel so much better.

John, not to beat a dead horse, but what you describe could also be a form of "body dysmorphic disorder" (I'm not saying it is, just that it could be.)

The disorder usually focuses on issues related to appearance. But in some more extreme similar disorders, people have amputated body parts just because they "didn't like them" or, even though their limb was functional & healthy it somehow made them uncomfortable, so they cut it off.

Again, don't take this the wrong way - I'm not saying any of these disorders are your problem, just another bit of cautionary advice to look thoroughly into all possibilities of why you feel the way you do before any major deletions.

http://www.biobehavioralinstitute.co...ticle.php?id=4
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apotemnophilia
Well the most insulting theory of transgenders is the autogynephilia theory (which I read about actually after last year's thread on the subject when I read some psychiatric papers on the field). It basically says that most transgenders are heterosexual males who get off on the idea of being "from inside" a girls body so that a sex change is just a radical form of masturbation.

That was I think the standard theory of transxexuality back in the 1980s. It came under severe attack however by some academics and trans people (naturally):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blan...alism_typology

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I don't really know you at all Matt/Kendra except for seeing your name occasionally on the board but congratulations on coming to this decision and good luck with it all. I might not share the same issues as you've been dealing with, but as someone who has struggled with depression and anxiety my whole life I'd encourage anything that you think will have a positive impact on your life and make you a happier person. Good luck