Moonrise Kingdom - new Wes Anderson!

Tools    

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
&feature=player_embedded

release date: Mayish?
starring: Edward Norton, Bruce Willis, Bill Murray, and ~ Swinton!

looks sogood.

Haha, ~ Swinton!

This does look good. It's so Wes Anderson it's obscene, but that doesn't detract at all.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Can't wait! The man is probably one of my favorite directors, his work is totally unmistakable for anyone elses, and it's always good to see Bill Murray.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Thrift-store wardrobe? Check.

Stoic silences? Check.

Parental issues? Check.

Several-decades-old pop music soundtrack? Check.

Yup, it's Wes Anderson alright, in his most WesAnderson-y like state. Which is okay by me. But it is pretty funny that, if you wanted to make a trailer that was a parody of a Wes Anderson film, man, it would look a whole lot like this.

My ranking of Wes Anderson movies so far:
- The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
- Rushmore
- The Royal Tenenbaums
- The Darjeeling Limited
- Bottle Rocket

Haven't seen Fantastic Mr. Fox yet.

LOVE Wes Anderson films, and this just looks as brilliant as his other films. Plus bonus points for getting Francoise Hardy music in the trailer, yay!

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Getting rave reviews -- 95% at rotten tomatoes.... well, that's all wonderful, but WHEN CAN I SEE IT?

Why in the hell is this in limited release? I can't find a date for wide release. Anyone know?

Just watching Frances McDormand and Bill Murray is enough to get me excited. the film looks great, though..

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Getting rave reviews -- 95% at rotten tomatoes.... well, that's all wonderful, but WHEN CAN I SEE IT?

Why in the hell is this in limited release? I can't find a date for wide release. Anyone know?

Just watching Frances McDormand and Bill Murray is enough to get me excited. the film looks great, though..
I've heard it's currently only being played in NYC and in LA. It'll probably get an expanded release soon, then probably a limit release. I'm hoping it gets a nation-wide release, but I doubt it.

reminds me a lot of The Royal Tenenbaums. I want to see it real bad lol.

Have you seen any other work by Wes Anderson besides The Royal Tenebaums?

Nope, I didn't like the Tenebaums that much. This movie looks cute though.
Those words. Is it possible to use them in a sentence together like that?

Nope, I didn't like the Tenebaums that much. This movie looks cute though.
Yup. I liked The Royal Tenenbaums ok, but I disliked Bottle Rocket. I can't say no to this cast, though. Norton, Willis, Keitel, McDormand AND Swinton joining the Anderson regulars? I'm in.

Why on earth would you hate her... she is one of the best actresses out there today and any film maker should be happy to have her in their films. Can't wait to see her in a Wes Anderson film.

Fair enough if you don't like her acting style, but to hate someone because of the way they look... I assume that's why you said hate because I can't think of anything that would make someone hate her.

Co-sign. She's great.

She's definitely an unusual looking person, but for lots of roles that's a really great thing. She's absolutely striking and that often works to her advantage.

I don't like her acting at all and I don't hate her because I think she's ugly. I think her best role was as the white witch in the lion the witch and the wardrobe..
Did you catch We Need To Talk About Kevin or Adaptation? Those might change your mind about her if you haven't. The White Witch was just a generic blockbuster villain, nothing special.

Also, did anyone see how happy she was NOT to be nominated for Kevin, a role that clearly deserved a nod? She has more talent than most actors in Hollywood and none of the pretentiousness. She seems very down to earth. I like her a lot.

It should be interesting to see what she brings to a Wes Anderson role.